User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.9K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Troi's mother and River Song.

• @FitzoliverJ said: Troi's mother and River Song.

Surely it'd have to be Lxanana as a Slitheen?

• @Ribs said: Surely it'd have to be Lxanana as a Slitheen?

I don't know why, but I always thought of Luxana as one of those Time Lords on the Council. It's the pretension, I think. Especially every time she launches into her "Fifth Daughter of the House of Whatjimacallit, bearer or the vase of thingamabob" spiel.

• @GaryCXJk said: No! What have they done?!

They put a freaking Angel on the cover!

Quick, burn it before it comes to life!

It really shouldn't have taken me this long to get that joke. Time to get the boxsets out again I think!

Also, The master and Q. That is all.

• tardis-gangnam-style-doctor-who-388318.j

I'm not sure if this is brilliant, or if there is direct correlation between my headache and this picture.

• They've announced a new episode, whaaaay!

It's called "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" and is written by Steve Thompson (writer of Curse of the Black Spot and Sherlock's The Reichenbach Fall) Right now, it's scheduled at Episode 10 of the series (including the Christmas Special), but Moffat apparently has worked the series in a way they can rearrange it in any order aside from the starter and finale.

I don't remember if I shared it here but Neil Gaiman's writing Episode 13 (the pre-finale) as well.

• @Ribs said: They've announced a new episode, whaaaay!

It's called "Journey to the Center of the TARDIS" and is written by Steve Thompson (writer of Curse of the Black Spot and Sherlock's The Reichenbach Fall)

Ohh sounds great!

• I'm... wary. Sounds like they're going to actually explore the TARDIS, judging by the title. Not 100% on that.

• @Darth Marsden said: I'm... wary. Sounds like they're going to actually explore the TARDIS, judging by the title. Not 100% on that.

But its soo huge! there was even a pool and we only got to see that in the invasion of time. There would be a lot of interesting stuff to see inside it. Also the title rocks.

• From a story telling perspective, it doesn't inspire confidence. Remember how break-neck the pace is in modern stories? They don't really have the time to do anything other than a cursory glance at a secondary console room before the monster of the week chases them down those bloody time corridors.

D'ya... d'ya see what I did there?

Don't get me wrong - it's always cool to see more of the TARDIS, and I'll definitely look forward to seeing that aspect. I just worry about the story. I don't want another repeat of The Adventure Games, y'know?

Add Comment