User Avatar Image

Do you think Larry was dead when he had the heart attack?

posted by crysisnova on - last edited - Viewed by 469 users

I know Larry was loud and annoying, but I thought it was pretty funny to see him pissed anyway. I liked Larry, he was interesting as a character; and I liked the fact that someone in my group would blackmail me if I took one misstep...

What do you think, was he dead before his head was crushed?

I think Lee was still able to save him, Larry would have permanant brain damage if Lee didn't do anything within 4 minutes. Plus, no one had a phone and call 9-1-1...

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • all i know is this, they gave those who chose to save larry an animation of larrys mouth responding to the CPR

was he a zombie? don't know, me personally, i think he was alive. however, if he was a zombie, kenny could have waited that millisecond it would have taken to confirm it before dropping the salt lick on his head.

• His blood sprayed.... blood only sprays if your heart is pumping.......

• @DreadMagus said: His blood sprayed.... blood only sprays if your heart is pumping.......

lilly said he has no pulse, she would have had first aid training in the army and also because of her dads condition, the blood sprayed because of the pressure the salt lick put on his skull

• Ummm... no.

And as for the pulse, just because she didn't find one, didn't mean he didn't have one. It depends on where she checked, and the strength of said pulse.

• @DreadMagus said: Ummm... no.

And as for the pulse, just because she didn't find one, didn't mean he didn't have one. It depends on where she checked, and the strength of said pulse.

umm yeah, as i said she would know how to check a pulse

• Again, no. It may have been too faint for her to feel. Or in her condition she might not have checked it correctly. She was upset at being trapped in a freezer, having eaten one of her people's legs "and" her dad having a heart attack.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. He was fucked anyway, even if he wasn't dead at that moment.

• Without a defribrilator, his medication, or a doctor in the room I was willing to take the chance of him coming back. Now if Katjaa had been in there, I would have had her check him over for a bit just to make sure, but when there's no way to know for sure I'd rather pick "definately safe" over "possibly sorry" any day. I really didn't think he had a chance.

• You're more trusting than I am. I'd have dropped that block on him in a heartbeat. Larry was a ticking 6'6" walking time bomb waiting to turn walker as is.

Gah, could you imagine what he'd be like as a zombie with all that raw strength he has?

• Get in there early enough and his mouth and eyes open and he takes a sharp breath, and is instantly squashed. Seemed pretty obvious to me that he was alive, no moaning, no glazed eyes.

• @thestalkinghead said: lilly said he has no pulse, she would have had first aid training in the army and also because of her dads condition, the blood sprayed because of the pressure the salt lick put on his skull

2 things about that:
    1. who knows how long ago Lilly took her basic training and how much she remembers
    2. just because Larry had a heart condition, doesnt mean Lilly was prepared for it. For all we know, Lilly and Larry may have rarely met with each other before the ZA.

anyways, it depends on your perspective of what happened
    If you look at it from the perspective of the realm of fiction, CPR is about 90% effective on patients, so hed probably be alive
    In terms of reality though, I think CPR is only about 10-20% effective, so in that case, hed most likely be a zombie

Add Comment