User Avatar Image

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

posted by Sammy on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html

It's official

Lemme tell you, as a Playstation fan, I've been waiting for this game for years — especially after Super Smash Bros. was released.

Ripoff or not, this would be one helluva game!

234 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I like Cole, and Nate's and Sackboy's. As many of you know i am a fan of Jak & Daxter & Ratchet & Clank but Jak's face looks weird and crappy and looks nothing like his gameplay trailer in the game and Ratchet & Clank's design is taken right from All 4 One even through Ratchet & Clank in game is the R&C Tools of Destruction design.

• @Darth Marsden said: If you haven't realized by now Ryan, about 84% of everything I say is meant as a joke.

@Darth Marsden said: including that?

@Darth Marsden said: 84% of it.

Somehow I now feel the need to take every one of your posts and spoiler tag all but 4 of every 25 words.

creepy pants all the time get some.

• Oh, so you feel like blocking out most of my verbalizations, do you? Well, I for one am heartbroken you would even contemplate such a rash course of action. It devastates me, truly it does, to think that one of my erstwhile colleagues would even entertain the notion of censoring me in such a vile, despicable manner. How dare you. How very dare you. You have offended me in the most egregious possible method, and I shall hear nothing further from you save an honest and earnest apology. Good day to you, sir.

• @Darth Marsden said: Oh, so you feel like blocking out most of my verbalizations, do you? Well, I for one am heartbroken you would even contemplate such a rash course of action. It devastates me, truly it does, to think that one of my erstwhile colleagues would even entertain the notion of censoring me in such a vile, despicable manner. How dare you. How very dare you. You have offended me in the most egregious possible method, and I shall hear nothing further from you save an honest and earnest apology. Good day to you, sir.

How to we go from Playstation All-Stars to this?

• I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

• @Darth Marsden said: I don't like the covers either - but then, I hardly ever like video game covers. They're usually so bland and generic. I quite like stuff that looks like movie posters. LucasArts, for all their faults, are actually rather good at that - or were, anyway. And of course, I like artsy covers, like the ones what I do.

So yeah, I'm pretty much an insufferable art critic. Sue me.

It's not that the covers are just bland and generic. Their design isn't that of a game, rather that of some software application or something, or heck, a PSN card thing. It's not that of a video game boxart.

I mean, the color scheme, the placement of the characters. It all seems like easy Photoshop works with stock footage, not that of a brawler.

Compare the boxart of this game with, for example, Soul Calibur IV, both box versions. Even though, like the PSASBR box, the characters aren't in a dynamic pose, its layout is designed in such a way you actually know it's a game. Now it isn't clear what sort of game is, but at least the boxart is inviting. Take a look at the PSASBR box. You cannot tell me it looks inviting. It says something like, oh hey look, we have something with some characters that are on our PlayStation. Anybody seeing this boxart would think it would just be some shitty-ass game, or heck, not even a game.

I mean, goddammit, at least show some effort in making the boxart. And sure, those aren't the actual boxart, but special limited edition sleeves that go over the box, but that just makes it worse. If the limited edition sleeve looks worse than the regular box-art, it's really fucking bad.

• I'm talking about the exclusive covers you can get in Game in the UK.

• You still buy retail? Jeez, think of all the money you could be saving online!

(YES I'M TEASING DON'T ACTUALLY TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY JEEZ)

• I'm not getting the exclusive cover but please Darth just go to Game's website and look at Jak's face on his exclusive cover.

Add Comment