User Avatar Image

Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

posted by dg10050 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users

surfinhardcover3.jpg

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.

509 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I believe that mislabeling a customs decleration form can lead to higher penalties as well. Customs doesn't take kindly to customs forms being filled out wrong. I don't think they'd care much if it was labeled software instead of book as software levys more of a customs fee but should they open the package and discover the customs form is wrong? According to HM revenue customs they CAN if they deem that the reciever or sender is trying to pull a fast one, actually slap a massive fee on you for fraud.

It's worth knowing that. As I said, I doubt they'd do it for software instead of book.. it's more to stop people writing gift when it's not to avoid a fee... but still.. you never know.

Also, yes, games are charged at a different rate to books which seem to be done on a case by case basis.

• @Morden said: Get yourself another warehouse? One that gets the job done properly?

Wow, that never occurred to us! Thanks!

Seriously, though, it's not that simple. Believe me.

• @Morden said: Oh, and on the topic of customs and tax charges, the packages are labeled "Software made in USA". I don't know if this applies to tax fees by customs aswell but generally the tax for books is lower than tax for software. Not to mention labeling a package containing a book with "Software" is incorrect. It's not software. It's a book!

That's a big problem indeed. Thankfully the package with my book wasn't caught by customs, but if it had I would've been wrongly taxed because although books are except from all taxes here in Brazil software gets charged with an outrageous 60% fee that's calculated by adding the full price of the product with the shipping fee. Worse, any complains filled about wrong taxes applied to imported products take an average of 15 months to resolve, during which the package stays rotting in a warehouse, and another 2 years to receive an reimbursement.

I lost count of how many times I ended up just bitting the bullet and paying the wrong amount just to avoid all that headache.

• @buemba said: That's a big problem indeed. Thankfully the package with my book wasn't caught by customs, but if it had I would've been wrongly taxed because although books are except from all taxes here in Brazil software gets charged with an outrageous 60% fee that's calculated by adding the full price of the product with the shipping fee. Worse, any complains filled about wrong taxes applied to imported products take an average of 15 months to resolve, during which the package stays rotting in a warehouse, and another 2 years to receive an reimbursement.

I lost count of how many times I ended up just bitting the bullet and paying the wrong amount just to avoid all that headache.

Baaaaaaaaaang.

• @buemba said: books are except from all taxes here in Brazil software gets charged with an outrageous 60%

Yea, well ... That's something that won't get sorted in here. It's a Telltale Games forum, not Telltale Useless Warehouse forum, and I'm guessing it's the lovely people at the warehouse who label book pachages with "software" and send people ridiculously high numbers on their Surfin' the Highway.

I hope that Telltale people will understand that the wrong labeling costs us SERIOUS MONEY. If you send a book, label it as a book! I wouldn't give a damn about the label if it didn't make any difference, but this is money we're talking about.

If the warehouse is doing a poor job, convert ladies' bathroom at Telltale office to a warehouse and store your stuff there. The only girl on your staff is Emily and I'm sure she won't mind. Heh.

• [quote=Morden;70674]The only girl on your staff is Emily[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. Check out their team page. :p

• @Morden said: Yea, well ... That's something that won't get sorted in here. It's a Telltale Games forum, not Telltale Useless Warehouse forum, and I'm guessing it's the lovely people at the warehouse who label book pachages with "software" and send people ridiculously high numbers on their Surfin' the Highway.

I hope that Telltale people will understand that the wrong labeling costs us SERIOUS MONEY. If you send a book, label it as a book! I wouldn't give a damn about the label if it didn't make any difference, but this is money we're talking about.

If the warehouse is doing a poor job, convert ladies' bathroom at Telltale office to a warehouse and store your stuff there. The only girl on your staff is Emily and I'm sure she won't mind. Heh.

Are you trying to just be a loud jerk? Guess what... we're human beings too. We exist as real people outside of this forum.* We DO realize that it costs you serious money, and that knowledge stresses us out and makes us feel bad. Believe it or not, we're even working to solve these issues.

As Doug said, it's harder to solve than just flipping a switch, or "getting another warehouse." The amount of pipeline and infrastructure going on behind the scenes of an electronic transaction (especially through a business which sells a mix of custom manufactured hard goods, wholesale-bought existing merchandise, and electronic downloads) is staggeringly, surprisingly immense. If it were as easy as flipping a magic switch, please trust me that we would have flipped it a long time ago. Our web team has been hard at work for months on working out better solutions to the issues you and others are experiencing. Hopefully someday sooner rather than later, issues like this will be far less common. On that day we will probably dance around, and also, very likely, be a bit drunk.

For now, I'm really sorry that you hate everything. Thanks for sticking around through thick and thin, even still :).

As for "converting the ladies bathroom," well, that's fine. You can come in and work for free 40 hours a week packing up merchandise and shipping them off around the world (and also act as the crossing guard to the mens room, for whenever a lady wants to use a toilet). Anything that doesn't fit in the ladies room is going to have to be stocked on palettes in your apartment, as we simply haven't got the space in the office for such an operation. I'm sure you won't mind :D

* The fact that there are so many staff posts on weekends and evenings is due to dedication, not, as incorrectly rumored, to our web staff consisting wholly of faceless automatons who love slapping you with inappropriate customs charges. Easy mistake to make, I know, but yeah, we are real.

• @Jake said:

* The fact that there are so many staff posts on weekends and evenings is due to dedication, not, as incorrectly rumored, to our web staff consisting wholly of faceless automatons who love slapping you with inappropriate customs charges. Easy mistake to make, I know, but yeah, we are real.

really i thought you were all faceless entities... :D

but for a small company (you still are pretty small aren't you) they are doing very well and have some of the best customer services, dedicated, helpful and friendly staff. they are consistently giving us brilliant products which not all can buy, one day i hope they can expand to have a European (their second biggest audience i believe) warehouse for merchandising etc, if this is at all possible.

• l think some ppl forget that TT is a small indi vg company that does not have to spew out merc like clothing and books.

Being someone who collect toys of all shapes and sizes, l know how difficult independant companies have in releasn a product in time. Even toy collectors forget that some companies that aren't Hasbro or Mattel cannot always keep the release dates on time because they don't own the factory or cargoboats that ships their stuff like the larger companies.

• @doom saber said: cargoboats

Just wanted to say that I initially read this as 'carbogoat.'
    I need help...

Add Comment