User Avatar Image

(TWD) Still unable to download using the Mac

posted by chankljp on - last edited - Viewed by 291 users

According to one of the official threads here on the forum, the download issue for TWD has now been fixed. However, when I tried to download episode 2 again just a few hours ago (I uninstalled the original application in order), it still has the 'stuck at 99%' issue. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks.

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Did it jump to 99% right away or work it's way up? In the first case, it's possible that it's just showing the wrong percentage and still downloading.

• @DjNDB said: Did it jump to 99% right away or work it's way up? In the first case, it's possible that it's just showing the wrong percentage and still downloading.

It (very slowly, it was definitely a lot faster when I first downloaded episode 2-3 before 4 was released) work it way up to 99% and then just get stuck there. I tried to start downloading the episode, wait until it goes up to 5% to make sure that the download process has started before going to bed. When I wake up 8 hours later, it is stuck at 99%. When I restart the application, everything was lost and I had to start over again. This time, I leave my computer on before going out. When I return 2 hours later, the same thing happened and it is once again stuck at 99%.

• I have trouble on the mac, too.

When I try to download Episode 3 or 4, the download doesn't even start but I get a popup that I need to have internet connection to use that feature (which, of course, I have). It's been like that for the last couple of days.

Did restart several times, even reinstalled the whole thing, didn't help.

• I have just re-install the application (again) and now there is a new problem. Instead of it getting stuck at 99%, now it just crashes and 'quit unexpectedly' when ever it reaches 99%.

I really want to play this game and experience it for myself, but seriously, this is just getting ridiculous.

And DjNDB, I have tried to use your official workaround. It seems to work for episodes 3-4. However, it doesn't work for 2. Can you help me out?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

You can try downloading the files manually, if you haven't tried that yet.

• @DjNDB said: You can try downloading the files manually, if you haven't tried that yet.

I already did, my issue is as follows:

(1) After downloading the files, I open the application, go to the 'download content' menu, and press 'get' on all the episodes.

(2) Just like you described, they all updated as 'downloaded' right away.

(3) I quit the application and open it again, episode 3-4 still list as 'downloaded', but not episode 2, which has now been returned to 'available' with the 'get' option.

(4) When I try to download it, it either get stuck or crashes at 99%.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I am not sure how that is caused. You can try if deleting all files inside these folders helps. As always, make a backup first.

/The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Meta
    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Temp
    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Data/WalkingDead101PatchFs

• Thanks for the workaround, that is at least an option and I'll do that for Episode 3, just to get going again.
    But I rather have the game working as it's supposed to be.
    Is there any official word from Telltale regarding these problems?

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@almizilero said: Thanks for the workaround, that is at least an option and I'll do that for Episode 3, just to get going again.
    But I rather have the game working as it's supposed to be.
    Is there any official word from Telltale regarding these problems?

I assumed the patch for the instant connection failure was also already released for mac, but i will try to find out about that.

Also, you might want to give this easier workaround a try first.

• Thanks again!

I just downloaded the files and put them in the right folder, deleted temp files...
    But when I hit Get I still get the error that I need internet access. So even the manual download didn't help.

I will try the easy workaround now.

EDIT: That didn't work either. But now I even have the same problem with Episode 2, which I already downloaded and played.

Add Comment