User Avatar Image

Kickerstarters and old Adventure games: has anyone pledged?

posted by doom saber on - last edited - Viewed by 757 users

I noticed that there has been a frequent spike in Adventure games Kickerstarter projects recently; from games to the Leisure Suit Larry remakes to the Broken Sword sequel, almost every non Lucasarts game you can think of is getting a remake or a spiritual/direct sequel. With that said, has anyone pledged for an adventure game Kickerstarter project?

I pledged $250 for the Broken Sword game. I wanted to pledge for the Larry games, but I missed the deadline. Even though the Kickerstarter has ended for the Broken Sword game, it appears that one can still donate or edit their donations through the revolution game - I am tempted to donate 8 more dollars to get the Order of the Goat membership despite having no idea what the membership is exactly for.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I made an image of all the projects I've backed a while ago. It's a little outdated (I've backed a couple more since), but here it is:

ProjectsBacked.png

I've since backed an animated short film called 'One Per Person' and a T-Shirt company called 'ArmorClass-10', because I liked their Keep Calm and Roll Initiative design.

I also backed Shaker (the other 'big' RPG that's not going to meet its pledge), but cancelled it when I realized it'd be first person. That'll teach me not to read the description properly.

As for rewards? I've gotten the ones from Reincarnation (I love the talking dolls, so expect to see them crop up in a future review when I get back into doing those), I got the CD of Unemployment Quest standing on my shelf and Kingdom RPG has been released, so I've downloaded that, though I've yet to actually play it due to a huge backlog I really need to clear at some point.

• @Jennifer said: I've backed SpaceVenture, Double Fine Adventure, Leisure Suit Larry HD, Tex Murphy Project Fedora, Pinkerton Road, Quest for Infamy, Broken Sword 5, and the non-successful Hexit

Same here, in addition to Jack Houston, Lily Looking Through and Reincarnation. I also backed Reversion on Indiegogo.

@Jennifer said: I backed $30 on DFA (really wish I could have gave $100 for all those goodies, but I was broke at the time).

Yeah, those are really something. I love the t-shirt and I can't wait to get my hands on the boxed game. It's the one Kickstarter I've felt paid off most of the ones I've backed already, because of the interesting forum updates from the team members.

I've also been wanting to join in on your game club, but it's a bit late for me and I've played most of the games you've played so far within the last year.

• @doom saber said: Being able to donate after the Kickstarters has ended sounds similar to what is Revolution is doing with Broken Sword. I wonder if one can donate more to SpaceVenture or Larry through their websites even though the kickerstarters are over.

That is exactly what I said that you replied to.

• @MusicallyInspired said: That is exactly what I said that you replied to.

I know, but you only said SpaceVenture. I was more interested in funding Larry

• I've only done DFA, Spaceventure, and Broken Sword.

• I backed only to DFA. I was really tempted to back Broken Sword, but missed my chance money-wise.

• Only the DFA for me. Eagerly anticipate that sucker too.

• @doom saber said: I know, but you only said SpaceVenture. I was more interested in funding Larry

Ahh. It's just that...

I wonder if one can donate more to SpaceVenture or Larry through their websites even though the kickerstarters are over.

...this threw me off because you said SpaceVenture and Larry.

• I backed DFA & Wasteland once there was a paypal option on their sites.
    And that's about it.

• I've backed double fine.Jane Jensons Moebious.space venture, leisure suit Larry,Tex murphy.lily looking through and broken sword.
    Some of them I only backed because I am a fan of adventure games but I am really looking forward to the doublefine adventure and Jane's moebious.

Add Comment