User Avatar Image

(TWD) Still unable to download using the Mac

posted by chankljp on - last edited - Viewed by 459 users

According to one of the official threads here on the forum, the download issue for TWD has now been fixed. However, when I tried to download episode 2 again just a few hours ago (I uninstalled the original application in order), it still has the 'stuck at 99%' issue. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks.

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    I am not sure how that is caused. You can try if deleting all files inside these folders helps. As always, make a backup first.

    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Meta
    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Temp
    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Data/WalkingDead101PatchFs

  • Thanks for the workaround, that is at least an option and I'll do that for Episode 3, just to get going again.
    But I rather have the game working as it's supposed to be.
    Is there any official word from Telltale regarding these problems?

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @almizilero said: Thanks for the workaround, that is at least an option and I'll do that for Episode 3, just to get going again.
    But I rather have the game working as it's supposed to be.
    Is there any official word from Telltale regarding these problems?

    I assumed the patch for the instant connection failure was also already released for mac, but i will try to find out about that.

    Also, you might want to give this easier workaround a try first.

  • Thanks again!

    I just downloaded the files and put them in the right folder, deleted temp files...
    But when I hit Get I still get the error that I need internet access. So even the manual download didn't help.

    I will try the easy workaround now.

    EDIT: That didn't work either. But now I even have the same problem with Episode 2, which I already downloaded and played.

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @almizilero said: Thanks again!

    I just downloaded the files and put them in the right folder, deleted temp files...
    But when I hit Get I still get the error that I need internet access. So even the manual download didn't help.

    I will try the easy workaround now.

    EDIT: That didn't work either. But now I even have the same problem with Episode 2, which I already downloaded and played.

    For now it's probably best if you restore the backup that had the best combination of working episodes.

    I am almost out of reasonable ideas for workarounds.
    One last thing you can try independent of that, is creating a second new Mac OS user account, to see if it works on a fresh account.

  • I'm trying around with some backups that I have. I seem to have a problem with the prefs.prop.
    But using an older version also has it's quirks. E.g. when I use the backup version I get an "available soon" for all episode but the first.

    As well, is it possible to get my savegames from newer episodes running in the backup version?

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @almizilero said: As well, is it possible to get my savegames from newer episodes running in the backup version?

    They should work, if you copy the prefs.prop and all savegames. There's always a possibility for failure though.

  • So it won't work without the pref.prop? Because I think that file might be the source of my problem.

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    @almizilero said: So it won't work without the pref.prop? Because I think that file might be the source of my problem.

    What do you mean?
    Do all episodes work with a newly generated prefs.prop?

    There is a workaround that can restore access to the latest savegame in one slot. It won't show the right data for the save slot in-game initially, so continue the game to see if it worked. Be sure to adapt the instructions for the Episode your latest savegame is from (i.e. make a fresh savegame for the same episode).

    It's far from ideal, but if you only need to recover one slot it might do the trick for you.

  • All hail DjNDB! I finally managed to get all the episodes toy work on my Mac again! Thank you so much!

    But now I am a bit worried about what I am going to do when episode 5 finally get released. Hopefully there will not be a download issue again.

Add Comment