1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

That's the only good thing of the retail release. Even the Soundtrack is in there, on CD. Yet no English and no Russian language, but for at least three times the price. You guys really get a GNG here, go ahead and catch it while you can.

"Puddle" is a weird experience. The only thing you do is tilt the screen left and right to speed up, slow down, halt, separate, combine etc. your liquid. It's definitely not an easy game though. I'm pulling my hair out, and I'm only on "medium"! And you can't play it for too long at a time because you get real life flashbacks like in Tetris. Yup, it's like the world tilts in your own home. That's what I mean with "weird experience".

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I'm tempted to buy Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and Harvey's New Eyes. Both are now on GOG.com together in one bundle for $17.99. Did anyone ever play these games? Are they worth it for that price, or should I wait for a sale with a deeper discount?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: That's the only good thing of the retail release. Even the Soundtrack is in there, on CD. Yet no English and no Russian language, but for at least three times the price. You guys really get a GNG here, go ahead and catch it while you can.

GNG? What's that stand for? Great New Game?

• @Darth Marsden said: GNG? What's that stand for? Great New Game?

It does.
    Also: the double pack is way cheaper than any of the games retail on it's own (30€ in Germany). Really good deal.

• @Darth Marsden said: GNG? What's that stand for? Great New Game?

GOG stands for "Good Old Games"... you can figure out the rest.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I REALLY thought that was an obvious one. :D

Motivation for Puddle is still high. The good thing about this game is that, despite the fact that every challenge is played with just a left and a right button, they're quite versatile in controls and environments.

Sometimes you just tilt the screen left and right to move the liquid, sometimes you spill liquid with a machine, sometimes your machine is dangerous to the liquid and you have to evade killing it off. Sometimes you control the speed of your liquid by simulating heartbeats in the human body (DAMN HARD). Guiding a delicate snow globe and zero-gravity environments are my recent highlights.

• Are you concerned that there aren't enough generic, grey-brown war shooters on GOG? Well worry no more! EA has decided to grace us with the Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest, the base game plus both expansions, for only $9.99.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

• @Vainamoinen said: My sarcasm senses are tingling.

It's probably worth getting, just for being a relic of a bygone era. An era where the generic, grey-brown war shooters were set in World War 2, before Modern Warfare happened and moved it to the modern War on Terror.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Have spent the last hour with the Giana Sisters (or, to be absolutely precise, only one of them). Not a GOG purchase, but my first ever kickstarter backer reward!

I LOVE it up to now. It's a pity that they only plotted in-game rewards for collecting jewels until after the game was almost finished. So that's not really the satisfying bit of the game. The rest though... hmmmmmmmmm. Great, great stuff. :)

Add Comment