User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 13.8K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • 1. No
    2. No
    3. The game runs but the issue occurs seemingly randomly, every 2 or 3 boots. It causes ALL save data and all preferences to get lost in the process. It happens on BOTH machines i have the game installed on.

• Soooo.... No Answers? Its been at least 5 months? I bought this game today and now I can't play it. Refund?? I dont want to wait another 5 months.. why are you still advertising it and selling it if it is unplayable? Hello! Customer Support Please!

1. yes
    2. no
    3. no

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, basic Windows Firewall, but The Walking Dead is listed as an exception.

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    Yes, but it is fully disabled.

No.

Game worked perfectly fine before Steam prompted me to "Convert it to a more efficient format."

• @AshleyTheNeko said: 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, basic Windows Firewall, but The Walking Dead is listed as an exception.

Yes, but it is fully disabled.

No.

Game worked perfectly fine before Steam prompted me to "Convert it to a more efficient format."

^ This

Game was running fine until the steam conversion and all of a sudden I lost access to save files and the game only launches (in window mode) if I remove my xbox 360 controller first. It also doesn't allow me to use it again once its plugged back in.

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Yes, windows basic firewall. I put it as an exception and disabled it
    Advast free, it's up to date, the game is allowed and I disabled it
    no

The game starts fine but in windowed mode. When I try to make it full screen, the game crashes. I've also lost all my saves. All this happened after the conversion to a "more efficient format"

• Are we ever going to get an update on this? I can't play at all, ever since the conversion, and nobody has attempted to help me.

Yes and yes.

Yes, Avira and no it is not.

The game runs fine now. It happened once when attempting to load episode 3 and caused the whole saves can't be found issue that plagues the tech support forum.

• 1) yes
    2) yes,McAffe SecurityCenter
    3) yes

The windows default one. Even I turned it off : same error...

Microsoft Security Essential, up to date and no blocking the game.

YES!!!

omg <3

Yes, Windows 7 firewall, though does not work even with firewall disabled
    Yes, avast up-to-date, not blocking the game
    no

This discussion has been closed.