User Avatar Image

Disappointments in Gaming

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 702 users

At the risk of creating a rant thread... What games have you purchased which you heard good things about but when you played the game it turns out to be a disappointment;

or else you bought one game instead of another, but when you played the one you picked you wished you had made the other choice?

And why?

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sonic Adventure was absolutely terrible and I have no idea why people defend it.

Sonic Adventure 2 was better, but still flawed.

Sonic Heroes was a return to pure shit.

Shadow the Hedgehog continued the trend.

Sonic '06 was a step BACK from shit. How such a thing is possible, I don't know.

Sonic & the Secret Rings was... an experiment. That failed. HARD.

Sonic Unleashed was half decent. And half shit. Guess which bits were which.

Sonic Generations was mostly decent (and a little bit shit).

And next... I dunno. More mostly decent? Here's hoping.

• Sonic and the Secret Rings was awesome, as was Sonic Colors.

• Secret Rings was an interesting game that took ages to get good - from what I hear, anyway. I never got that far.

• Ahhhh well then you never reached the epic last battle ;)

• @DAISHI said: Sonic and the Secret Rings was awesome, as was Sonic Colors.

I agree on Colors, but Secret Rings was terrible, absolutely terrible. Putting Sonic on a rail and NOT LETTING HIM TURN AT ALL was stupid. Oops, I missed something, guess I better back up, whoops, I hit something, there went my rings. Black Knight was hardly any better. The only things those games had going for them was that they were very damn pretty. Some of the prettiest visuals on the Wii.

• @Remolay said: Sonic Adventure 2:

Or more I played it, thought it was terrible, and now I don't stop hearing about how awesome it was. And even better than Sonic Adventure 1. Listen. I like most Sonic games, even the 3D recent "Crappy" ones. I like Sonic Labyrinth for gods sake because I actually know how to play it. Nothing is better than Sonic Adventure 1 in the 3d Sonics. In the main series of Sonic Game, Sonic Adventure 2 was a sing step above Sonic 06 for me. A Single Step.

Main reason it is popular is the chao garden :P I remember the gardens, stats of a chao, the races, the karate matches, etc... For the actual game... there was a scene were a car chases you...

• Sonic the Hedgehog 4. After the release of Mega Man 9, I wished that Sega would follow suit and do a Sonic 4. I got my wish in name only, because while I wanted a retro-style Sonic in the 16-bit style of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, with a similar graphics style and physics engine, I got...well, Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I agree on Colors, but Secret Rings was terrible, absolutely terrible. Putting Sonic on a rail and NOT LETTING HIM TURN AT ALL was stupid. Oops, I missed something, guess I better back up, whoops, I hit something, there went my rings. Black Knight was hardly any better. The only things those games had going for them was that they were very damn pretty. Some of the prettiest visuals on the Wii.

That's what made it good, you were constantly moving forward!

• @DAISHI said: That's what made it good, you were constantly moving forward!

To me, that's what made it bad.

EDIT: In fact, my test to see whether I'll like a Sonic game or not now is, as soon as the level starts, I drop the controller.

• I'm not sure what games disappointed me but i would say The Sims 3. I got the PS3 version of Sims 3 but i feel Sims 2 is far better.

Add Comment