User Avatar Image

Your vehicle?

posted by Foinikas on - last edited - Viewed by 849 users

What kind of a vehicle would you want to have in the Zombie Apocalypse?

An RV?A jeep?A van?A fast car?A truck?

I don't wanna hear any stupid replies like "a tank" or "a bullet-proof car" and bullocks.

A Land Rover jeep would be fine for me but if there are more than 3-4 people a nice RV would be awesome!

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A tank, or an aircraft for that matter, would be stupid unless you know how to operate and maintain it. :p

• a horse and a bayonet :guybrush:

• @DreadMagus said: A tank, or an aircraft for that matter, would be stupid unless you know how to operate and maintain it. :p

Definitely a tank. I was a 19K20 in the Army and we primarily used the M1A1 main battle tank.

• @Skizoker said: Definitely a tank. I was a 19K20 in the Army and we primarily used the M1A1 main battle tank.

@Skizoker said: ...
    I don't wanna hear any stupid replies like "a tank" or "a bullet-proof car" and bullocks.
    facepalm.jpg

P.S. monster truck ftw! :)
    zztruck.jpg

• @Skizoker said: Definitely a tank. I was a 19K20 in the Army and we primarily used the M1A1 main battle tank.

Dude, I totally want to be on your team in a ZA. :)

• @distortion said: Bicycle. Cars are great until you run out of gas, and that'll happen fast. I'd have bicycles handy at whatever my home base is for when that inevitably happens. They're fast, light, and are the most energy efficient form of transportation man has ever invented. My group and I can keep making runs on bikes to gather supplies while all you people are hoofing it along the highway.

Totally agree here. Anything running on gas is only a short term solution to mobility. Especially the options like Tanks, Trucks and of course all the big american gas-guzzlers are just one way to extend the inevitable.

I'd go for an RV to begin with though. You can live in it, you can barricade it if needed, and it has room for.. Bikes! Either hang them out back or have them inside. You can use the bikes for missions from basecamp. They are quick, quiet, easilly maintained, very energy efficient and only slightly less mobile than going on foot.

Best bit: They can ensure your gas reserves are extended because you do not need to use gas when going out of base camp.

When it comes to so-called 'unrealistic' options. I guess the tank is considered one because it is literally out of gas very quickly. But many big cars have that same problem really..

• @Devlonir said: Totally agree here. Anything running on gas is only a short term solution to mobility. Especially the options like Tanks, Trucks and of course all the big american gas-guzzlers are just one way to extend the inevitable.

So what you gonna do if your legs get wounded? If you will find some disabled man that needs your help?

• @Istibul said: So what you gonna do if your legs get wounded? If you will find some disabled man that needs your help?

Leg wounds are near death warrants in the ZA anyway. Doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you use. You will need help from someone else to reliably get away regardless.

Also, really bad leg wounds also cause you to not really be able to drive a car as well. So point invalidated.

Also, many bikes have carriage frames where they can hold someone else in the back. These would be the bikes best suited for the ZA (not the 1000 dollar mountainbikes) So you can help someone injured back to your camp, as well as use it to carry supplies.

Add Comment