1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Jesus. Give me a bit, I'll see if he's over-reacting or not.

EDIT: HE'S NOT. Man, if ever there was a brick wall 'do not continue' section in a game, Level 1-6 would be made of it. A full-on maze full of walls you cannot touch because they're full of insta-death? FUCK THAT.

It's a massive shame, 'cause I was actually really enjoying it up til that point, frustrations and all. But that?

Just... no.

• @Vainamoinen said: The calculation is a rational one. I don't have that kind of time. The game will get more difficult with time. I can not save in a level. I will need 2-3 hours to finish levels, possibly even more. It's not the patience. I've got plenty patience. But I can't spend that much time in a single sitting. I'm not 14 any more, there are things besides games in my life, some good, some unfortunately necessary.

Same here. It's rare for me too. Normally I play about 1 hour of a game and take a break. 2-3 hours for one level without a real save would be undoable. I guess I'll scratch that game off my wantlist.
    The opposite with Xcom. It's painfully hard (if you set it that way) but you can save and quit whenever you want and resume from the same spot. And it was actually good enough to make me play it all day.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: Man, if ever there was a brick wall 'do not continue' section in a game, Level 1-6 would be made of it. A full-on maze full of walls you cannot touch because they're full of insta-death? FUCK THAT.

After "just" 28 minutes, I assure you that you ain't seen nothin' yet. :( :(

The really sad thing was, I was at the level boss after those 90 minutes. But I HAD to quit at that last mile.

• Surprise, it's a Friday release! You can pick up Lucius, a game inspired by several classic horror movies, for the special launch price of $17.99, 10% off the normal, 20 dollar price tag.

But the horror season is quickly ending, so let's move on to the winter season! Check out the weekend deal of 50% off games made by studios in countries that descended from vikings! That includes Alan Wake, Trine, The Longest Journey and more!

• @Gibbeynator said: for the special launch price of $17.99, 20% off the normal, 20 dollar price tag.

isn't that just 10% off?
    Also: it's 15% off on Steam.

• @der_ketzer said: isn't that just 10% off?

You're right. I hate mornings. I'll fix that.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I'VE MANAGED TO BEAT 1-6.

And afterwards, things work peachy again immediately. Unfortunately, come 2-5, it's back to biting pieces out of your keyboard again. I actually beat 2-5; but the darn game doesn't let me proceed to 2-6 because it thinks I haven't collected enough crystals. Oh those darn.... :(

• We have the... most adequate of both worlds, I guess... today from GOG. For people who like new games, you can pick up Defender's Quest, an RPG/tower defense game for $14.99, or the special launch price of $9.99. Prefer the old games? Then you can have John Romero's classic game franchise, Dangerous Dave. That's three games, for only $5.99.

• No Gem Promo today, but enjoy a 48 hour, 50% off Halloween sale on some of the least scary games GOG has to offer. And, SURPRISE, another new release. Pick up Pid for $9.99, on PC or Mac.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Simon the Sorcerer 3D? Hmm...

[Starts scribbling down ideas]

Add Comment