User Avatar Image

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

posted by Sammy on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html

It's official

Lemme tell you, as a Playstation fan, I've been waiting for this game for years — especially after Super Smash Bros. was released.

Ripoff or not, this would be one helluva game!

234 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shadowknight1 said: Indeed. My games are all here, but my Wii itself won't read disks and I don't have the money to get it fixed by Nintendo.

    Is there a local place you could take it to get it fixed?

  • No offence guys but i don't think it should be compared so much to Brawl. I mean what fighter game can be better than Brawl? But being fair i think Kratos is extremely overpowered and i had the most fun when i was playing as Sly & Parappa.

  • @coolsome said: How does Spike play?

    We don't know, He's not in the beta.

  • @ryannumber1gamer said: We don't know, He's not in the beta.

    Damn! Does it look like its worth the £35 for the game.

  • @ryannumber1gamer said: No offence guys but i don't think it should be compared so much to Brawl.

    It's inevitable, though.

    It's a first-party title which stars various notable characters from mostly exclusive games from the publisher's family of consoles. It also doesn't help that Sony put "super smash bros" as a tag in their initial Youtube video which first promoted the game.

    It's so obviously a bandwagon (ie. "me too") kind of game, that Sony can't avoid such comparisons.


    But yes, I agree that it's an unfair fight to begin with as Brawl is clearly going to be superior.

  • @coolsome said: Damn! Does it look like its worth the £35 for the game.

    Well in my opinion i think it's a fun game. Not as good as Brawl but better than other fighters in my opinion.

  • Ehhh, I'm on the fence. I like some of the other characters in this, but so far the beta only has one I'd really like, and that's Kratos. And like I said, the camera for this game is bloody f-ing awful. It's zoomed so far out that you can't always see what's going on. If you're going to rip off Smash Bros., then rip off the things that are good. I really don't like the super moves to kill thing, and Parappa's level 3 is cheap as all hell. Doesn't matter where you are, he fires that thing off, you're dead. Honestly, I've seen better Smash-style fighters out of the Digimon and Cartoon Network franchises.

    Given the choice between this and Smash, I'd take Smash any day of the week.

  • @Shadowknight1 said: Ehhh, I'm on the fence. I like some of the other characters in this, but so far the beta only has one I'd really like, and that's Kratos. And like I said, the camera for this game is bloody f-ing awful. It's zoomed so far out that you can't always see what's going on. If you're going to rip off Smash Bros., then rip off the things that are good. I really don't like the super moves to kill thing, and Parappa's level 3 is cheap as all hell. Doesn't matter where you are, he fires that thing off, you're dead. Honestly, I've seen better Smash-style fighters out of the Digimon and Cartoon Network franchises.

    Given the choice between this and Smash, I'd take Smash any day of the week.

    Pretty much this. (Except I preferred the quicker characters like Sly).

    I personally would say it's NOT worth £35. Half that, maybe.

  • Okay, let me tell you this.

    If I compare Super Smash Bros. with Jump! Super Stars or Jump! Ultrastars, JSS and JUS don't just hold up pretty well, they really stand on their own. People actually liked playing JSS and JUS, and not because it was on the DS. The controls were solid, and even though it played pretty much like Smash, it did things their way, and all that without actually having to deviate too much from what works in Super Smash Bros., which was ring-outs (although ring-outs aren't a major part of this game).

    I have yet to play PSASBR, but I will compare it with Super Smash Bros. like I compared JUS with SSB. If JUS managed to do it on its own, PSASBR should stand the test just as well, and if it doesn't, it's not because I compared it with SSB.

Add Comment