User Avatar Image

Episode 5, no thrill of anticipation?

posted by shedim on - last edited - Viewed by 602 users

Hey guys,

I've been barely able to wait for all the previous episodes of TWD but now since Lee's one of the walking dead himself, I feel like I don't care that much for the final episode because Lee will end up dead anyway and that's quite a lame ending. I feel kinda similar to how I felt playing ME3...it was all a waste of time, since the ending is going to suck regardless of what you did before. I would have preferred Lee dieing in the finale depending on your choices rather than railroad him to death, but TTG thinks different, obviously. Let's hope TWD isn't going to be the 2nd highly anticipated game in 2012 that has a terribad ending.

Are you guys still looking forward to the finale, or do you have mixed feelings about it?

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlueLionSven said: That's why the challenge is there for Telltale to not have Lee die, and in such a way that does not disturb Kirkman/Negan.

what... why?

• @BlueLionSven said: That's why the challenge is there for Telltale to not have Lee die, and in such a way that does not disturb Kirkman/Negan.

He's going to die.

• @Eric Northman said: In a way the game ended for me when I found out that Lee was going to die. Yet in another way I've slugged it out this long, and I want to see how things end.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

• Coming to a conclusion full of dread rather than anticipation is still an emotional journey I'd like to make. Just because the ending is inevitable doesn't detract from the experience in the least. Really, it's a perfect metaphor for the universe. I think it was Rick Grimes who said, "WE are the Walking Dead!"

• We don't know what's going to happen at this point.
    Think about it though, what was the point of this game? To keep Lee alive forever? Wasn't the point to get Clementine to safety, either to her parents or some safe place?

I'm fine with Lee dying if he can accomplish the objective.
    I'm looking forward to season 2. :D

• @Eric Northman said: Agreed, the whole we have to use machines to wipe out organic life in order to prevent machines from wiping out organic life, really just sad. A lackluster ending to an otherwise great series.

Uh people blew that out of proportion i put over 300 hours into ME 1-3 it was unnecessary. The ending were decent the extended cut was horrible no effort at all. The point was we were supposed to guess what happens and if your still not satisfied there's a fourth one coming.The whole plot of mass effect 3 built up on the catalysis what did you expect to happen?

Oh this is a thread about TWD yes the wait is "killing" me

• @KingOfTheDead said: Uh people blew that out of proportion i put over 300 hours into ME 1-3 it was unnecessary. The ending were decent the extended cut was horrible no effort at all. The point was we were supposed to guess what happens and if your still not satisfied there's a fourth one coming.The whole plot of mass effect 3 built up on the catalysis what did you expect to happen?

Oh this is a thread about TWD yes the wait is "killing" me

Uh, anything but another character being suddenly introduced at the last 10 minutes of the final trilogy. Then picking your colored explosion to the original endings which were 97% the same. I was expecting to fire a weapon and not talk to a ghost kid with circular logic and being completely unable to call him out on his BS. I'm sorry but not everyone views ME3 endings as decent, let alone great and the backlash that BW received was very necessary to wake them up. Its no longer the company that made great games like KOTOR or DAO.

• @KingOfTheDead said:
    1. Uh people blew that out of proportion.

2.The whole plot of mass effect 3 built up on the catalysis what did you expect to happen?

1. That's your opinion. :)

2. Something more interesting. :D

• @ZombieGoBoom said: I'm sorry but not everyone views ME3 endings as decent, let alone great and the backlash that BW received was very necessary to wake them up. Its no longer the company that made great games like KOTOR or DAO.

Whew! Preach it! Amen brother! ;)

• Just because Lee is going to die doesn't mean it's time to quit. I mean, the radio guy has Clementine! I'm sure whatever Lee does in Episode 5 is going to matter to her A LOT. Plus, since it's the final episode, literally everyone can die. Whatever Lee does will likely dictate the fates of the rest of the cast, so just because Lee is dying doesn't mean that there's nothing to experience. Yeah it sucks that he won't make it, but everyone else still has a chance. I have faith in TT to make the final chapter of Lee's story great, regardless of him meeting his end. Just because he dies doesn't mean it's bad writing either. If they can tug on our heartstrings with his final moments, like they've done so well through the series so far, it will be worth it.

Add Comment