User Avatar Image

Your vehicle?

posted by Foinikas on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

What kind of a vehicle would you want to have in the Zombie Apocalypse?

An RV?A jeep?A van?A fast car?A truck?

I don't wanna hear any stupid replies like "a tank" or "a bullet-proof car" and bullocks.

A Land Rover jeep would be fine for me but if there are more than 3-4 people a nice RV would be awesome!

83 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh gee aparently in USA it's raining tanks and there's one in every corner....

• @Foinikas said: Oh gee aparently in USA it's raining tanks and there's one in every corner....

Well considering I was stationed at 2 bases in Georgia alone that has tanks I am pretty dang sure I could find one. I currently live less than 50 miles from the nearest base that has tanks.

Most states national guard even has them, but there is no telling how many Texas still has. Thousands I'm sure.

You act like they are rare. For the average person I guess it would appear that way.

• bttf-delorean-dmc-12-628.jpg

definitely -- delorean dmc-12

take me back to the pre-apocalypse !

• @Skizoker said: Well considering I was stationed at 2 bases in Georgia alone that has tanks I am pretty dang sure I could find one. I currently live less than 50 miles from the nearest base that has tanks.

Most states national guard even has them, but there is no telling how many Texas still has. Thousands I'm sure.

You act like they are rare. For the average person I guess it would appear that way.

I was just looking quickly for a news article I read last week about a huge storage of tanks somewhere in California. It was about how many their were and not being used.. just sitting there.

• Don't take me wrong,I LOVE TANKS!I'm the guy who loves tanks and not jet fighters,but telling me "i will have a tank in the zombie apocalypse" is like all those kids who go like "OH I WILL HAVE A ROCKET LANCUHER AND I AM GOINAA TAKES MACHINE GUN AND PEW PEW KILL ALL OF THEM".Know what I mean?

• @Foinikas said: Don't take me wrong,I LOVE TANKS!I'm the guy who loves tanks and not jet fighters,but telling me "i will have a tank in the zombie apocalypse" is like all those kids who go like "OH I WILL HAVE A ROCKET LANCUHER AND I AM GOINAA TAKES MACHINE GUN AND PEW PEW KILL ALL OF THEM".Know what I mean?

Yea, you're trying to be realistic.. The vast majority to survivors in a ZA would not have access to a tank or other military weapons/vehicles. But there are those who could. I remember watching the show as the group passed by over-run military area's and wonder why no one is grabbing the weapons, or vehicles.

• A solar powered hybrid...hopefully by the time the zombie apocalypse comes these will have been invented.

• @Foinikas said: Don't take me wrong,I LOVE TANKS!I'm the guy who loves tanks and not jet fighters,but telling me "i will have a tank in the zombie apocalypse" is like all those kids who go like "OH I WILL HAVE A ROCKET LANCUHER AND I AM GOINAA TAKES MACHINE GUN AND PEW PEW KILL ALL OF THEM".Know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong I'm fully understanding as to trying to make people keep it realistic but you've got to take into account the fact that there is the strong possibility that someone with working knowledge of those types of vehicles would not only want to get one but also be in the vicinity to obtain one. With the amount of active duty and retired military in the U.S. the odds get higher(instead of 1 out of 100 you could realistically have 9-12 out of 100).

@Foinikas said: Yea, you're trying to be realistic.. The vast majority to survivors in a ZA would not have access to a tank or other military weapons/vehicles. But there are those who could. I remember watching the show as the group passed by over-run military area's and wonder why no one is grabbing the weapons, or vehicles.

I thought the exact thing, an abandoned military post/outpost would be a haven for discarded weapons and ammunition.

You are right the average person would not have a clue what to do with a tank. But, I just happen to be someone who spent over 10 years on the M1A1 and does know what to do with a tank.

So, I can't change my answer. That is what type of vehicle I would look for first.

Here is a pic of me and my platoon when we were training to go to Bosnia sometime in 1995.

I'm the 2nd guy above the main gun.

eawno.jpgCan click here for larger size

Well, for some reason this forum is only showing a thumbnail version of the picture and I can't figure out how to show a larger size.

• A weaponized RV, the reason is it can kill all the zombies in the way, has a space at the back if someone wants to sleep or eat.

Add Comment