User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 15K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If it happens, it will be better than LJN's shitty version on NES.

• Hmm. I like the idea. Imagine how the story would be integrated into a game.

• Man I wish a company would make good survival horror games based on Horror films that would come out for Halloween every year. Ones that are not rushed and are worked on by fans of that series, I would love to see good solid games based on Halloween, Hellraiser, Friday The 13th, Phantasm, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Universal Frankenstein and so many more. But sadly I dont see this happening all I see in the future is more war first person shooters, more Madden Football and more car racing..lol

So what Horror Films would you guys like to see made into a GOOD video game?

• Since I feel kinda bad about KingOfTheDead's thread having to be locked (since it had a poll, it would have messed up this thread if it had been merged), here's what he posted:
    [Quote=KingOfTheDead]I was thinking do you think TT could pull of a Breaking Bad game. It wouldnt really be about making Drugs more of character Development and weather your character forgets the cause he started it for or stays on the right path(well for him anyway). The story would be maybe about a guy trying to get into college but he can't afford it so he decides to make drugs and sell them so he can pay his way into college or something do you think TT could do it?[/Quote]

• I don't know how well that'd work. I just finished Season 3 of the show, and while it is awesome, I don't see how it'd fit with the way Telltale handles licenses. This show is its characters, so I can't picture a JP or TWD style game following a separate set of characters... the "world" of Breaking Bad just isn't different enough from our world.

• Give it a week or two until some noobie starts a thread about a Star Trek game or something and it gets merged.

Also, friendly bit of advice - bumping an old thread just to point out that it's old is generally frowned upon.

• Where I live, a guy walking around with his wank hanging out ISN’T frowned upon. So frown upon that, will you?

• I'd rather just have the guy arrested, but if you like, I can frown upon him as he's being cuffed.

• @Darth Marsden said: I'd rather just have the guy arrested, but if you like, I can frown upon him as he's being cuffed.

I live in San Francisco. Like THAT’s ever going to happen. And if it did, somebody would get sued.

Add Comment