User Avatar Image

Why no trailer for Ep. 5?

posted by sfs99 on - last edited - Viewed by 366 users

Why do you think there is no trailer for Ep. 5 in the game? For every other Ep. there has been. Maybe they relized that the trailers at the end of the Ep. has almost no relation to the actual trailer weeks to months later :D or maybe they just dont want to give away too much...OR maybe they were too lazy to make at least 8 different trailers for Ep. 5, who knows, POST and ANSWER POLL!

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • To build up anticipation and keep an air of mystery about what will happen in Episode 5.

• They don't want to give ANYTHING away! It would ruin it because people would start to guess things and people might not want to know anything about it. I think it's best that way, it really leaves you in the dark about it all, I think it was a good decision :)

• They probably just couldn't show to much to avoid spoilers so they just didn't bother.

• I noticed the trailers in the game most of the things they say or some of the scenes never happen. Like in the ep.2 trailer it showed the brothers in the motel and it only showed andy he even had a different shirt i think it was delayed because they changed the story

• Yeah, I think I'll stop with the trailers, especially the ones they upload to youtube. They made me think that Vernon was the walkie talkie guy for a while. Glad I wasn't not nice to him because of that.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@KingOfTheDead said: I noticed the trailers in the game most of the things they say or some of the scenes never happen. Like in the ep.2 trailer it showed the brothers in the motel and it only showed andy he even had a different shirt i think it was delayed because they changed the story

This shows how much can actually change in development between episodes. Old plans might be out the window immediately after an episode is released. Maybe Telltale realized exactly that: that this kind of 'trailer' can only be a loose approximation of what's to follow, just an idea of the situation and dangers our heroes might face.

Sam & Max Season 3 had a brand new and cool intro sequence. But with every new episode, you could literally see how much pain it was for the TTG team to insert it at a right spot, and how disruptive it was to the very diverse atmosphere of the game to have a uniform intro at some spot. Episode 5 left this intro out completely. They saw that it did not work out and would break the mood, so away it went. The same could be true for "Next time on the Walking Dead".

• Those Trailers are lies horrible lies.

• @Vainamoinen said: This shows how much can actually change in development between episodes. Old plans might be out the window immediately after an episode is released. Maybe Telltale realized exactly that: that this kind of 'trailer' can only be a loose approximation of what's to follow, just an idea of the situation and dangers our heroes might face.

Sam & Max Season 3 had a brand new and cool intro sequence. But with every new episode, you could literally see how much pain it was for the TTG team to insert it at a right spot, and how disruptive it was to the very diverse atmosphere of the game to have a uniform intro at some spot. Episode 5 left this intro out completely. They saw that it did not work out and would break the mood, so away it went. The same could be true for "Next time on the Walking Dead".

Thats a very edumacated answer hmmmm.troll-face-computer-reaction-DJlVG3.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Have no fear. One day, you too will learn how to use a comma once in a while.

• The difference of helping your uncle jack off a horse; and helping your uncle jack, off a horse :D

Anyway... I remember in the Episode 4 trailer thread, a guy said we could guess the whole plot of the episode if they gave us just the first word of the dialogue. It is true... we made up a lot of ideas when the trailer was published, and it gave some of us -at least me- a wrong perception of the story. Anyway, I don't think they would stop making the trailers right at the end of the season, it would just be weird. Im guessing they just didn't give us a trailer/preview to make episode 5 more exiting :)

Add Comment