User Avatar Image

Episode 5, no thrill of anticipation?

posted by shedim on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Hey guys,

I've been barely able to wait for all the previous episodes of TWD but now since Lee's one of the walking dead himself, I feel like I don't care that much for the final episode because Lee will end up dead anyway and that's quite a lame ending. I feel kinda similar to how I felt playing ME3...it was all a waste of time, since the ending is going to suck regardless of what you did before. I would have preferred Lee dieing in the finale depending on your choices rather than railroad him to death, but TTG thinks different, obviously. Let's hope TWD isn't going to be the 2nd highly anticipated game in 2012 that has a terribad ending.

Are you guys still looking forward to the finale, or do you have mixed feelings about it?

76 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Red Panda said: So at least a freaking MONTH is better time to handle a death that takes hours? I disagree.

I meant that we can handle the situation in game, in a whole episode. There may be no way to change it, but at least we have some interaction with it as opposed to other games in which, say, the M.C. dies at the very end and you're left with a cut-scene.

I personally find that interesting. Obviously it disappoints other people and kills their enthusiasm. To each their own.

• @ThinkSharp said: I meant that we can handle the situation in game, in a whole episode. There may be no way to change it, but at least we have some interaction with it as opposed to other games in which, say, the M.C. dies at the very end and you're left with a cut-scene.

I personally find that interesting. Obviously it disappoints other people and kills their enthusiasm. To each their own.

When you put it like that I agree.

I think they should have started off ep 5 with the bite. Start out with that surprise and tension. It would have been much better.

• @Red Panda said: When you put it like that I agree.

I think they should have started off ep 5 with the bite. Start out with that surprise and tension. It would have been much better.

For people who feel the bite is a cop out, do you think that would make it feel more or less so?

I felt that ep4 built to that point in some degree. Lee's guard was down since he was worried about Clem and so we have that consequence.

However, if it happened at the very beginning of ep 5, I would have been more likely to feel the sense of "they just did this because they don't know how to end it". But that's me.

Then again, it's all about how it would have been done.

• @shedim said: I still hope he turns and gets to kill everybody including Clementine.

lol

• I hope in episode 5 you get the option of turning into a zombie, biting Clem and you two unliving happily ever after as zombies.

• @shedim said: Hey guys,

I've been barely able to wait for all the previous episodes of TWD but now since Lee's one of the walking dead himself, I feel like I don't care that much for the final episode because Lee will end up dead anyway and that's quite a lame ending. I feel kinda similar to how I felt playing ME3...it was all a waste of time, since the ending is going to suck regardless of what you did before. I would have preferred Lee dieing in the finale depending on your choices rather than railroad him to death, but TTG thinks different, obviously. Let's hope TWD isn't going to be the 2nd highly anticipated game in 2012 that has a terribad ending.

Are you guys still looking forward to the finale, or do you have mixed feelings about it?

I definatetly know where you are coming from. I was in total shock when Lee was bit, however, I actually think this will be an awesome way to focus on what I feel is on of the main themes in TWD: WE are the walking dead. It has never been about when or how people die, but what they chose to do with the time they have left. Lee knowing he will die shifts the focus from merely surviving to doing everything he can to save Clem before his time is up. The cool thing is that this has been the point from the beginning and now the final episode will drive it home.

• My heart sank when the bite was revealed. I was like, "oh... Lee's gonna die. :(" and then all my hopes of the group finding Clem and living happily ever after as some zombie ass-kicking vigilantes went straight out the window.

• I think Episode 5 will be great. I'm gonna agree with the bite being the real downside. But seeing how Ben (Saved him) will prove himself, how Christa and Omid will cope with the you-know-what, how Kenny and/or the boat will work out, what Molly will do, what Vernon is up to, and of course what the deal is with this "Campman" guy is the real story.

• @trd84 said: I don't mind that they're killing Lee. But I would have liked it better had they waited to reveal the bite in the beginning of EP 5. I don't like already knowing he is going to die before I play.

That's kind of the point. You now now you have little time. ( No Time Left ) It'd be weird to see that Lee had no idea that he was bitten. This pumps up drama and decision making for the finale.

• It was disappointing that it happened in ep 4 and not 5, but I still can't wait for the moment where it's revealed that Radioman was the Illusive Man from Mass Effect all along.

Add Comment