User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Movie

posted by StewG on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

Hi!
I was just wondering if there ever would be made a Sam & Max movie.

I´m sure Steve Purcell could put something together. That would just be the best thing ever.

If anyone has an idea, please post it, and if not, then find one:p

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Harley Quinn said: Well this is coming from a girl, making Max a girl would make the show POO and the geek wasn't at all needed.

The Geek may not have been needed, but she satisfied the network. She was a good example of a compromise between creator and producer that didn't hurt the show.

• @NatsFan said: The Geek may not have been needed, but she satisfied the network. She was a good example of a compromise between creator and producer that didn't hurt the show.

That's debatable. Lots of Sam & Max fans hate the Geek. Depending on your position, that's either because of adaptation decay or they changed it now it sucks.

• [QUOTE=sam&maxfreelancepolice;70993]"We aren't? Could have sworn WALL-E is another "future classic" for the next generation to rip off"

You're entitled to your opinion,but Calling Wall-E a "future classic" is a bit of a strech isnt it?

What stands out about that movie??? I didnt see anything clever or original about it.
    to me its just another in a rapid fire sucession of GCI animated films. to be quickly forgotten in the wake of the next.

I think if I had to pick a computer animated film I would have to say "Cars" would be the one I liked best...and even then the story was just the same typical "self discovery" Disney fare....but it did have some very cool cars in it,like Doc Hudson...they actually did their homework and got the history and cars pretty dead on.
    I also like how that movie had an emotional thread that ran through it about "the good old days" and it showed how society degraded as time elapsed.

Isn't cars considered the worst pixar film?

• For once, me and this kid can kind of agree on something: Cars wasn't one of Pixar's best, really. I mean, it's not my least favorite (that'd be Monsters, Inc.), but my least favorites are more due to seeing them too many damn times than them being bad movies.
    I don't know what it is with Cars, but it just doesn't have quite the same feeling to it. Maybe it's just because the movie's overall theme is something that resonates more with the kind of people who watch Nascar than myself.

• I think the problem with Cars, was that it didn't have a real heart to it like the other Pixar movies do. When I saw Cars I got worried that maybe they had lost it but then Ratatouille came out and I was relieved. And now there's Wall-E and man........what a movie.

• @tobar said: I think the problem with Cars, was that it didn't have a real heart to it like the other Pixar movies do. When I saw Cars I got worried that maybe they had lost it but then Ratatouille came out and I was relieved. And now there's Wall-E and man........what a movie.

That works, too. It's funny, though, how subjective it gets when you talk about the 'heart' of a movie, because it's such an intangible concept.

• I enjoyed Cars, though it isn't remotely my favourite. In my opinion the best CGI film by far is Toy Story, they nailed it with that one, the story, characters, animation - all spot on. And how many of you as kids imagined you toys coming alive?

• Both of the Toy Stories remain my favorites :)

Wall-E was pretty high up there, although I liked the first half way more than the second.

• That's a point actually, even the sequel is fantastic, which is rare amougst films and even rarer amongst Disney ones.

• I'm with Doug, I love the two Toy Story movies, and The Incredibles came very close to toppling them as my favourite, but not quite.

They're all quite good, but Cars was the only one that I didn't feel like I wanted to rewatch. Not sure why. I guess I just don't feel that anthropomorphic cars work in my mind, but I'm quite happy with anthropomorphised toys, bugs, monsters, fish, rats and robots.

Add Comment