User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.5K users

So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.

695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jokieman said: Heard and fired. Yes. Silenced and Suppressed. Yes. Dry and Wet. Yes.

And you don't think that a silenced gunshot would attract zombies in the same universe where even a sneeze draws their attention?

• this game might be alright to be honest. the makers said its gonna be like metro 2033 which the older one was a pretty cool game ( sneaking around bandits and taking out light sources was a big key ). But telltales Walking Dead game is pretty damn good too. soo we'll just have to see

• User Avatar Image
    fusedmass BANNED

I don't like first person shooters. I played this game because of the moral choices in the game and interaction without the emotionally compelling it just because another shooting games, shooting tons of zombies.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@fusedmass said: I don't like first person shooters. I played this game because of the moral choices in the game and interaction without the emotionally compelling it just because another shooting games, shooting tons of zombies.

Terminal Reality's game is not going to be just a shoot-fest. You'll have to manage resources such as food, supplies and ammunition, and there are stealth portions as well.

There's been little said about human interaction, but it's possible that they'll get it right. Terminal Reality made Ghostbusters: The Video Game, which did a pretty good job of capturing the feel of the films, so I am cautiously optimistic that The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct might turn out to be faithful to the material too.

• >Activision
    >Based on the TV show rather than the comic
    >FPS

I'm trying to keep an open mind here; we haven't seen any actual gameplay yet and apparently TR's Ghostbusters game was good (I never played it). On the other hand, they made Kinect Star Wars. I'm keeping my expectations low for this one.

• I am betting on it entertaining me.. but NOT being a game that does anything new or exciting.

• @Master of Aeons said: And you don't think that a silenced gunshot would attract zombies in the same universe where even a sneeze draws their attention?

Nope, because the TWD TV series has already used em. After years of programming by Hollywood, why bother changing it now? the TWD universe, be it comics, books, this game, or the show has not exactly been accurate with many, many things.

• Shooting zombies, now that's a novel idea.

Actually, having a few run-ins with zombies is fine, but to have that in the style of Left 4 Dead, then no way. I would like to see a more open sandbox type of game during the apocalypse like Fallout 3 and onwards - I mean TWD as we have played it is cool and everything, but it is too confined.

Add Comment