1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Today, GOG gives us two old games that are new actually games. Yeah, it's confusing. I'm talking Stronghold HD for $5.99 and Stronghold Crusader HD for $9.99. However, since they are technically new games, since these HD versions were scheduled for release today, they have a launch week promo of 20% off. And yes, both packages come with the original games, too.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

2-6 concludes the second level complex of Twisted Dreams.

It actually wasn't as bad as 1-6 surprisingly; but I think I must have spent 40 minutes on the final boss until I finally got that motherfucker down.

• @Gibbeynator said: Today, GOG gives us two old games that are new actually games. Yeah, it's confusing. I'm talking Stronghold HD for $5.99 and Stronghold Crusader HD for $9.99. However, since they are technically new games, since these HD versions were scheduled for release today, they have a launch week promo of 20% off. And yes, both packages come with the original games, too.

Gibbeynator, I notice that over time your posts regarding GOG announcements have become increasing more sarcastic and cynical. Could it be that you begin to tire of your self-appointed role of GOG announcement guy?

If it makes you feel any better, I appreciate your efforts on the front. I don't check GOG nearly as often as I should and this thread has pointed me to a number of new game announcements I probably would have missed otherwise. Continue your diligence, good sir, for you have at least one fan in the bowels of these unwashed masses.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Woodsyblue said: Gibbeynator, I notice that over time your posts regarding GOG announcements have become increasing more sarcastic and cynical. Could it be that you begin to tire of your self-appointed role of GOG announcement guy?

No more so than me in the Steam thread, I guess.

• @Woodsyblue said: Gibbeynator, I notice that over time your posts regarding GOG announcements have become increasing more sarcastic and cynical. Could it be that you begin to tire of your self-appointed role of GOG announcement guy?

If it makes you feel any better, I appreciate your efforts on the front. I don't check GOG nearly as often as I should and this thread has pointed me to a number of new game announcements I probably would have missed otherwise. Continue your diligence, good sir, for you have at least one fan in the bowels of these unwashed masses.

Nah, I'm good, that's just my very lame attempt at being funny.

Anyway, for the people who did NOT pick up Theme Hospital and Crusader during the Mac Essentials sale, now's your chance! It's the Massive EA Selection sale, which includes all of the EA games except for, you guessed it, the ones that were released in the past few weeks. Check out the classics from Origin, Bullfrog and other companies EA had absorbed for a whopping 60% off!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Oh, yes! Dungeon Keeper, Lands of Lore, Populous, Ultima, Wing Commander... sweet!

• I picked up Theme Hospital because that was the only thing in that sale that I cared about and didn't already own. Though, I guess it might be wise to get all of these games, in the event that EA decides they don't need GOG anymore and launches Origin Classics.

• So, this was unexpected. Oh, not today's release of Deponia 2, that's been expected for a while. I'm talking about GOG apparently signing Capcom as a publisher on their service, and selling Street Fighter Alpha 2 for $5.99.

• @Gibbeynator said: So, this was unexpected. Oh, not today's release of Deponia 2, that's been expected for a while. I'm talking about GOG apparently signing Capcom as a publisher on their service, and selling Street Fighter Alpha 2 for $5.99.

Maybe that was the big announcement they hinted at earlier. There are some really cool old CAPCOM games, so this could be really great!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I don't think a lot of Capcom games got particularly great PC ports, IIRC. We'll have to see.

Add Comment