144 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Moonbaby said: Are you serious? Don't you know there is no choice but for Kenny to take Lee? That is how Telltale designed the game! So for you to say that Kenny still gave you a ride despite previous actions is without any force or effect.
    ACode of ethics has nothing to do with Kenny taking Lee. Kenny has to take Lee PERIOD or the story comes to an end!

You say Kenny has been right about everything and that is clearly not true.

Even your failed argument that Lee is somehow stupid by attempting to exhaust all options before Larry must be killed shows a real lack of character. Was Larry zombified when Kenny murdered him? NO, Lee was doing CPR moments after his collapse when Kenny crushes his skull. To say this is stupid or a mistake is void of any logic. You dont kill as a choice, only as a last resort. I hope your family members never finds themselves on life support with your finger on the killswitch.

Yeah right, Kenny is such a great asset. He destroyed two lives in that meatlocker, you say he is always right? Your lack of ethics frighten me.

Did Kenny help Lee in the barn? NOPE. That coward sat on his ass in the stall while Lee and Lily took Danny out. Then he runs off and leaves Lee to save Kenny's wife inside the house. Good Job Kenny!

Then Kenny the genius approaches Andy (who has a shotgun) and gets shot point blank in front of his family. Lee then allows Duck to escape while he wrestles with Andy for the gun. Good job again Kenny.

Like I said, Kenny is a liability. Lee is the one who has been bailing out his lack of intelligence. Not the other way around.

how can you say all the good things he does are just because the game has to do that but the bad things are because he is a bad character, so do you think lilly didn't do anything wrong when she killed Carley/Doug because the game made her do it?

seriously being locked in a small room with a zombie infected man that collapsed because of a massive heart attack that wasn't breathing and had no pulse is different to life support, larry was dead with no medical expertise or equipment, sure kenny could have waited a few minutes until he turned into a zombie but lilly could have been doing mouth to mouth at that point and larry would have killed her i am pretty sure larry and lilly wouldn't have wanted that

• @Moonbaby said: Are you serious? Don't you know there is no choice but for Kenny to take Lee? That is how Telltale designed the game! So for you to say that Kenny still gave you a ride despite previous actions is without any force or effect.
    ACode of ethics has nothing to do with Kenny taking Lee. Kenny has to take Lee PERIOD or the story comes to an end!

You say Kenny has been right about everything and that is clearly not true.

Even your failed argument that Lee is somehow stupid by attempting to exhaust all options before Larry must be killed shows a real lack of character. Was Larry zombified when Kenny murdered him? NO, Lee was doing CPR moments after his collapse when Kenny crushes his skull. To say this is stupid or a mistake is void of any logic. You dont kill as a choice, only as a last resort. I hope your family members never finds themselves on life support with your finger on the killswitch.

Yeah right, Kenny is such a great asset. He destroyed two lives in that meatlocker, you say he is always right? Your lack of ethics frighten me.

Did Kenny help Lee in the barn? NOPE. That coward sat on his ass in the stall while Lee and Lily took Danny out. Then he runs off and leaves Lee to save Kenny's wife inside the house. Good Job Kenny!

Then Kenny the genius approaches Andy (who has a shotgun) and gets shot point blank in front of his family. Lee then allows Duck to escape while he wrestles with Andy for the gun. Good job again Kenny.

Like I said, Kenny is a liability. Lee is the one who has been bailing out his lack of intelligence. Not the other way around.

Saying a character did that because "thats how TT designed the game" isnt really a great argument. I could say that you can lose Kenny's loyalty and have him not help Clem because thats how the game was designed and doesnt reflect on his character at all. Is it Using some game evidence and then disregarding another piece because its how the game was designed just seems stupid.

And they could hardly wait until Larry was up and biting people before doing anything. The guy was freaking huge and the only safe and sensible time to kill Larry was before he reaminated. The guy was a freaking time bomb and if he died immediatly after the heart attack, then he was probably seconds from reaminating. It was a last resort. And i hope that never happens aswell, but I dont have any family members Larry sized. And i probably wouldnt be locked in a small room with my dieing family member anyway.

He destroyed one, ruined another and possibly saved the lives of literally everyone in the group. If Larry turned, four people probably die in the meat locker, two more are kept captive and possibly eaten and another two are approaching and have no freaking clue whats going on.

My Kenny helped me fight Danny, so i dont know what youre talking about :P
    I wouldnt really blame him if he didnt, the guy had a gun and Kenny did not. And you had just made him do something which will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Andy was holding Duck hostage and Kenny was freaking the hell out. He was desperate to free Duck ASAP and thought he could rush Andy in time. I dont blame him, i could hardly imagine what its like, seeing you're son held at gunpoint by a sick twisted cannibal.

Kenny hasnt really done anything that makes me think he is stupid. When his family is not at risk, he thinks things through, like the girl situation and with the food, and makes the right call. When his family is threatened or have been recently killed, then he is less likely and i understand that totally.

• All Kenny wanted to do was keep his family safe. Now they're gone.
    And I made him shoot his own son who was going zombie. Shit! What was I thinking?! WHY? WHY DID I DO THAAAAT?!

• "What have you done for me lately?"

That sums Kenny up. He accepts that you've helped him, but if you've gone against him then that is the deciding factor in him fucking you over. A guy that you could side with for months, but will turn on you regardless the moment you don't.
    Selfish, disloyal, fickle, Kenny is the biggest threat to your group. That's why when I accidentally ended up with him in my group (thanks for the game-wiping bug Telltale), I stopped the game, replayed the scene and told him to fuck off. I don't want him, he causes nothing but trouble.

• @Ninnuendo said: "What have you done for me lately?"

That sums Kenny up. He accepts that you've helped him, but if you've gone against him then that is the deciding factor in him fucking you over. A guy that you could side with for months, but will turn on you regardless the moment you don't.
    Selfish, disloyal, fickle, Kenny is the biggest threat to your group. That's why when I accidentally ended up with him in my group (thanks for the game-wiping bug Telltale), I stopped the game, replayed the scene and told him to fuck off. I don't want him, he causes nothing but trouble.

Um do you mean when Kenny says "Yeah, but what has she done for me lately?" about Molly? Because ive seen some pretty anti-Kenny playthroughs and i dont remember hearing that. And i was pretty sure that was dark humour. Huge difference between saying something like that and actually doing it. Not to mention she was really aggressive (and annoying) and was going to leave us to die before Clem made puppy eyes.

And you dont have to be on Kenny's side for everything, most people lose his loyalty because of the Larry decision, which makes sense. My Kenny was loyal, selfless and predictable. And are you calling him selfish because he didnt fight Andy who had a gun and he didnt or because he didnt throw himself into danger to rescue you. After what you did to him, i dont blame you. And good job. You didnt even try to recruit another ally for rescuing Clem because you just dont like him.

• ahem right at the end kenny starts the boat. suddenly the boat explodes because of a gas leak making telltale the biggest trolls on the planet. come on you all secretly know this is going to happen. its in the back of your head whispering "hes going to die you know.". not to mention all the foreshadowing of his death. death is walking right beside kenny everywhere he goes. shawn,larry,his son,his wife, maybe carly... some random zombie child, the fat chick, ben, and you getting scratched. i so see him dieing.

• @Wrighty said: Um do you mean when Kenny says "Yeah, but what has she done for me lately?" about Molly? Because ive seen some pretty anti-Kenny playthroughs and i dont remember hearing that.

It's basically what he says at the end of Ep4.

@Wrighty said: And good job. You didnt even try to recruit another ally for rescuing Clem because you just dont like him.

I didn't bring him because I'm quite certain that he'd take care of himself at the first sign of trouble.

• @Ninnuendo said: It's basically what he says at the end of Ep4.

I didn't bring him because I'm quite certain that he'd take care of himself at the first sign of trouble.

I think with all the crap that's happened to Kenny recently it's quite easy to forget the stuff you did from early episodes like Duck and the tractor and having his back at the pharmacy. Your Kenny is tortured with guilt. He feels bad for Shawn, and even worse Larry. With Larry, you basically made him smash his head in and so his guilt constantly reminds him of Larry and he blames you for it. Anyway he might have acknowledged you helping Kat and Duck if you hadn't told him to just go fuck himself.

If he went with you, he abandons the boat which the guy has probably been dreaming about to go help you find Clem. It would be stupid to think he's just going to run off at the first sign of trouble.

• @thestalkinghead said: how can you say all the good things he does are just because the game has to do that but the bad things are because he is a bad character, so do you think lilly didn't do anything wrong when she killed Carley/Doug because the game made her do it?

seriously being locked in a small room with a zombie infected man that collapsed because of a massive heart attack that wasn't breathing and had no pulse is different to life support, larry was dead with no medical expertise or equipment, sure kenny could have waited a few minutes until he turned into a zombie but lilly could have been doing mouth to mouth at that point and larry would have killed her i am pretty sure larry and lilly wouldn't have wanted that

Where did I say all the good things he does are just because the game has to do that? You're making stuff up. Answer the question....Does your interaction with Kenny change whether he takes you in the RV or not?

As far as the life support comment...you're just not getting it so here it layed out for you. Who are you to decide when the point of no return is?

So, once he passes out and isnt breathing, you somehow know through your medical expertise that he is dead and gone with no hope of revival. Riiiight. Say Hello to Herschel Greene for me!

• @Wrighty said: Saying a character did that because "thats how TT designed the game" isnt really a great argument. I could say that you can lose Kenny's loyalty and have him not help Clem because thats how the game was designed and doesnt reflect on his character at all. Is it Using some game evidence and then disregarding another piece because its how the game was designed just seems stupid.

And they could hardly wait until Larry was up and biting people before doing anything. The guy was freaking huge and the only safe and sensible time to kill Larry was before he reaminated. The guy was a freaking time bomb and if he died immediatly after the heart attack, then he was probably seconds from reaminating. It was a last resort. And i hope that never happens aswell, but I dont have any family members Larry sized. And i probably wouldnt be locked in a small room with my dieing family member anyway.

He destroyed one, ruined another and possibly saved the lives of literally everyone in the group. If Larry turned, four people probably die in the meat locker, two more are kept captive and possibly eaten and another two are approaching and have no freaking clue whats going on.

My Kenny helped me fight Danny, so i dont know what youre talking about :P
    I wouldnt really blame him if he didnt, the guy had a gun and Kenny did not. And you had just made him do something which will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Andy was holding Duck hostage and Kenny was freaking the hell out. He was desperate to free Duck ASAP and thought he could rush Andy in time. I dont blame him, i could hardly imagine what its like, seeing you're son held at gunpoint by a sick twisted cannibal.

Kenny hasnt really done anything that makes me think he is stupid. When his family is not at risk, he thinks things through, like the girl situation and with the food, and makes the right call. When his family is threatened or have been recently killed, then he is less likely and i understand that totally.

Lol, You're just not getting it dude. You're saying that Lee gets a ride from Kenny because Kenny has a code of ethics. Uh no. Go back and replay the game dude, one of the first things Kenny tells Lee is that he can use someone to busts heads together. You act as if Kenny is doing Lee a favor out of his infinite goodness yet fail to address the real motive for his actions in taking lee which is that he's using Lee as a means to protect his family. Do you not understand this?

You yourself wrote that it doesn't matter if you are good or bad to Kenny because he will take Lee anyway which proves my point. If Lee was an asshole to Kenny, why would Kenny take Lee?

Would Kenny take a chance against the safety of his family by taking an asshole in his RV?

Would it be ethical to keep a dangerous "urban" asshole around his family or does Kenny's code of ethics only apply to Lee?

So does Kenny have a choice on whether he takes Lee or not in the game?

Did telltale design the game so that Kenny and Lee must go together to macon?

Are you missing something???

Im not the one disregarding evidence, you're the one who selectively chooses what u see. All of it:

Ep 1 - He abandons Shawn, literally runs off, even though his child is safe

Ep 2 - He suggests you might be useful at lockpicking because you're "urban"

Ep 2 - He kills Larry as you're trying to save him

Ep 2 - He tells you he'll back you up handling Danny St John, instead he leaves you to die

Ep 3 - He causes a massive argument at the motel over leaving and is the root cause of the paranoia that leads to Carley, Duck and Katjaa dying.

Ep 3 - He once again leaves you to die as you're trapped under a door

Ep 3 - He drops you while trying to get on the truck

Ep 3 - He fucks you over by blabbing about the girl you kill/leave to die infront of Clem

Ep 3 - He tells you your criminal past will be a factor in getting a place on his boat

Ep 3 - He tells you to leave Lilly behind to die, both at the motel and on the road

Ep 4 - He drops you again when trying to escape up the fire escape.

Ep 4 - He wills you to let Ben die

Ep 4 - He refuses to help save Clem

Take a good look at Kenny's craptacular actions. The burden is on you to rebutt the presumption and so far all I hear is semantics. His actions speak for themselves.

Add Comment