User Avatar Image

Would you have left Clem with Vernon and his group ?

posted by Wrighty on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Question says it all really. Say if Vernon demanded an answer there and then after the group got back from Crawford and he had nothing to do with radio man. Clem was willing to do whatever you thought was best and none of the group will go against what you decide. Lee is not allowed to come with her to the bunker and neither is anyone else for whatever reason. What would you choose? Leave Clem in a stocked up bunker with Vernon and his gang or take her with you on the boat into the big bad world and hope for something better? Is she really safer with Vernon than with Lee? Its a pretty difficult choice and in most playthroughs i saw, people asked for more time to decide.

I personally would have kept Clem with me. I think i would have let Vernon take her. They seemed to be stocked up and safe with their supplies and it is sure as hell alot safer than travelling the coast on a boat with our small group, hoping to find somewhere safe and defendable.

What would you guys do?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did consider the possibility, but in the end I'd say no. I know it's a bit selfish, but I couldn't let her go like that. Not because she wouldn't really be safer with Vernon, but simply because I see her as Lee's responsiblity until he is gone. And I know their group is made of nice people, but I don't know, I don't like Vernon enough to leave Clementine with him.

• Vernons group are old and dont know her. Clem would be lonely.
    They will run out and the fact is clems too good a charecter to let walk away.

• Nope! "That little girl's in my care. We've been through more together than you can imagine. Anyone who tries to get between me and her, anyone, IS GONNA WIND UP DEAD!"

• his group were no better off than ours (in my opinion), they seemed like the B team to me, but i said i would think about it just incase everybody died and i needed another group to help protect clementine

• Lee's already proven he can take care of Clem. It's been 3-4 months and she's still alive, while Vernon's daughter died in the opening days. His arguement didn't exactly inspire confidence in me. Plus, I doubt he could ever care for Clem as much as Lee does.

• It seemed like Vernon's group only had a single gun, and he could barely use it when Lee approached him. That gives me the impression that his group can't defend themselves. They lucked out finding the fallout shelter and all that food, but the supply won't last. It may keep them going but eventually it will run out, and then what? They can traverse the city easily through the sewers, but there is nothing left in Savannah.

Combine that with the appearance that they can't defend themselves, and i don't think they would survive. They've lived so far by avoiding the walkers, never confronting them. When the time comes that they must leave their shelter to find supplies, i think most or all of his group would fall prey to the walkers, and Clementine too if she were with them.

In the short term, she might be safer with Vernon. In the long term, however, i think she would be in far more danger than if she stayed with Lee.

• At first I told him I'd think about it, but I didn't think about the fact that his daughter is dead. So... probably not then, unless I saw proof that people in the group were good fighters (it doesn't appear as if any were).

• @slough said: At first I told him I'd think about it, but I didn't think about the fact that his daughter is dead. So... probably not then, unless I saw proof that people in the group were good fighters (it doesn't appear as if any were).

you can't risk giving away children to pedophiles

• No, Vernon seems like a nice guy and all but you aren't around him long enough to know what he really is like. Lee and Clem have been through it all. So leaving her alone with some guy you've known for a short period of time. I think not.

I'd reconsider if it was some sort of military base and they were actual government officials. But they were living underground with old people who were cancer survivors (and none of them really looked like they were star athletes). I really don't think they'd last too long myself.

Add Comment