User Avatar Image

Katjaa & Kenny Seem Like an Unlikely Couple (no spoilers)

posted by MisterMisfit on - last edited - Viewed by 659 users

Kenny is Southern, racist, trailer trash (even dresses like it) while Katjaa is a European woman educated in the health & sciences. Seems unlikely they would end up together. Ken's wife should have been a stay at home mom with a Southern accent (like the St. Johns mama).

**EP 3 SPOILER BELOW**
And then maybe I wouldn't have felt as bad when she kills herself.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @KingOfTheDead said: well what made me more mad was there was a second racist comment later in the episode

There was? I didn't hear it.

• @ironpervhunter said: hehehe black people like watermelon

Dear diary, today I discovered I was black...

• @Rock114 said: There was? I didn't hear it.

Yeah Andy said "boy" which was a term used by slavemasters instead of the n word they used boy.

• what did I miss?
    I was working on something

• @LokiHavok said: I've never met a Belgian-American. Much less in the Deep South. I wonder how they met lol

There are some unused voice files from episode 2 that say that Kenny met Katjaa in her new vet clinic when she was in her early 20s. He brought in a sick octopus that he caught on one of his fishing trips.

To be fair, those voice files also say that she's from Latvia, not Belgium.

• @MisterMisfit said: Kenny is Southern, racist, trailer trash (even dresses like it) while Katjaa is a European woman educated in the health & sciences. Seems unlikely they would end up together. Ken's wife should have been a stay at home mom with a Southern accent (like the St. Johns mama).

**EP 3 SPOILER BELOW**
    And then maybe I wouldn't have felt as bad when she kills herself.

he thought Lee was "urban" as in raised with city.
    he was thinking of teens who pick locks when they are locked out the house (maybe).
    Kenny is rural, that means he was raised outside cities.
    lets see it from my perspective.
    my user name is TheNNerdGamer so someone would say:
    guy:"hey nerd, you know how to cheat in RESIDENT EVIL right?"
    me:"no,why?"
    guy:well you know cause your a "nerdgamer"
    SAME THING

• @KingOfTheDead said: Yeah Andy said "boy" which was a term used by slavemasters instead of the n word they used boy.

Larry also used that word a ton, too.

• @KingOfTheDead said: Yeah Andy said "boy" which was a term used by slavemasters instead of the n word they used boy.

Oh, that. I didn't consider it racist, just him saying something. Then again, I was trying to think of an excuse as to why I was staring into the blood stained back room.

As for Kenny's "urban" remark, he probably IS using the word "urban" in place of black or African-American. He didn't mean to offend Lee, so it's more steryotyping than racism. If he hadn't apologized afterward, it probably would have been more racism than ignorance.

• The urban remark can be taken any way. So both views should be respected. We don't know for sure what Kenny really thinks about other races. So that one comment alone can't mean he is. It just showed how dumb he is when it comes to world around him sometimes.

Also I do think Katjaa and Kenny seemed like an odd pair. But we don't know how they met. However she must not have loved Kenny that much to kill herself after Duck was bitten. Duck must have been the only thing that kept them together really. Thats my observation.

Add Comment