User Avatar Image

BIG election day coming, who is the next president! (in the USA)

posted by TheNNerdGamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Mitt Romney or Barack Obama
(please mods close poll, I accidentally put it to 30 days poll closing, so after election mods please close this)
I got bored so I made this.
Edit: if neither win I hope J.K Simmons (LOLZ)

142 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jennifer said: The only local proposition on our ballot was one to grant our district money for library funding, and that was hidden on the back of the ballot... can't say I really liked that. They told my mom about it when she asked how the ballot worked, but when I told her about it she said she didn't understand what they meant and wished she had voted for it. I'm sure she's not the only one who didn't even know that proposition was there.

Your mom doesn't know how your state's ballot works? How many times has she voted before now?

The ballot here always has stuff on the front and back of one page, and often there's a second page with a question or two only affecting my voting district.

Also, I always go to my county election board's website and print out a sample ballot days before I go to the polls, so I have time to read and understand what it is that I'm voting on.

• @Chyron8472 said:

tKA2V.png

And what staggers me is that after going through all these reams and reams of things to vote for, most of your can then have your votes for President overturned by the Electors (in theory, of course).

• @FitzoliverJ said: And what staggers me is that after going through all these reams and reams of things to vote for, most of your can then have your votes for President overturned by the Electoral College delegates (in theory, of course).

In theory, but it's never been done before. And of course that only applies to the President/Vice President, as the other elections/decisions don't involve the electoral college.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: Your mom doesn't know how your state's ballot works? How many times has she voted before now?

The district where we used to live used voting machines where you clicked the switch for the candidate and propositions you wanted to vote for. The ones in the district where we live now use paper ballots that are filled out with sharpie and then run through a machine afterward.

• Ah. Paper ballots are better anyway.

• We poke holes in our ballots!

I like it because if you're angry about the decisions you have to make, you can take out your frustrations on the ballot.

• @Alcoremortis said: We poke holes in our ballots!

Just like in Postal 2.

• @Alcoremortis said: We poke holes in our ballots!

Hi, Chad. How's it hanging?

• The Monte Carlo formula was spot on. Perfectly.

• They should just go online with the voting. The turnout would be better. The current system is just as fallible as has already been proven.

This discussion has been closed.