User Avatar Image

your PERSONAL best console

posted by TheNNerdGamer on - last edited - Viewed by 483 users

I don't want to start a console war on what console is better.
just tell your reasons why you like it and NOT start a "console war".
forgot Dreamcast and SNES, just pick other

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If we can't count computers, I guess I'd say the NES because that's the only console that I ever played anything on. And all I played was Mario. And I only played Mario games that had Yoshi in them.

And the console wasn't even mine.

• I haven't seriously used what I would call a "console" since ColecoVision. PCs do everything I need, but I don't call them consoles.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Like I said, PS2 if we're disqualifying PCs. I should probably explain why a little better this time.

The sheer number of games for it is amazing - I'm still discovering ones I've never heard of before, and you can play PS1 games on it too, which is I believe the first major home console to have backwards compatibility. I love the controller and honestly think it's one of the best ever designed. The fact it could play DVDs was awesome at the time (though superseded by the PS3's ability to play Blu-Rays AND copied backed-up DVDs). And I loved the case.

So there you go.

• Well, that kind of destroys the point of the topic doesn't it.

• @Secret Fawful said: PC means personal computer. Computers aren't consoles. Neither are portables.

DASHING

I'll have you know that his post wasn't there when I was writing mine. I demand equal culpability!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Secret Fawful said: PC means personal computer. Computers aren't consoles. Neither are portables.

Video game consoles are computers. They're just computers that use a video output system that is primarily used to display on television sets as opposed to computer monitors.

Today, with so many computers having DVI output and television sets even having VGA support built in, the terms a lot more blurred than they used to be. If you primarily use your television set to display output from your PC or Mac, then it technically would meet all the criteria to be categorized as a console.

I'd have to say PC is my favorite too, although I really enjoy the Xbox 360 (and I still occasionally play the PlayStation 2, Wii, and Dreamcast).

• SNES. The era of the greatest RPGs ever.

• @Alcoremortis said: I'll have you know that his post wasn't there when I was writing mine. I demand equal culpability!

Nah, cuz I'm directly antagonizing him. YOU GET NOTHING.

@Alcoremortis said: Video game consoles are computers. They're just computers that use a video output system that is primarily used to display on television sets as opposed to computer monitors.

Today, with so many computers having DVI output and television sets even having VGA support built in, the terms a lot more blurred than they used to be. If you primarily use your television set to display output from your PC or Mac, then it would meet all the criteria to be categorized as a console.

I'd have to say PC is my favorite too, although I really enjoy the Xbox 360 (and I still occasionally play the PlayStation 2, Wii, and Dreamcast).
    Oh...oh no....my Macbook is connected to my TV via HDMI right now.

tumblr_m4cpf9vYSz1qf0zggo1_400.gif

I lose.

tumblr_m1ztnylte01qf0zggo4_250.gif

• @Secret Fawful said: Nah, cuz I'm directly antagonizing him. YOU GET NOTHING.

I feel SPECIAL! ^______^ ^o^ (`・ω・´)” (◕‿◕✿ (●⌒∇⌒●) (∩▂∩) ヽ(;^o^ヽ) ✖‿✖ (✿◠‿◠)

• User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff

I had to go with PC, but N64 was close.

It was my first game platform, it brought me adventure games, I had my first online multiplayer games on it, and Half-Life 1 mods sustained my interest in games when I was too poor to afford a new games or the computer to run them, or a new console.

Add Comment