User Avatar Image

The infection

posted by Pellet on - last edited - Viewed by 293 users

Something thats kinda bugged me since i started getting into the whole zombie genre is Walker blood. If their bite infects you wouldn't getting drenched in their blood be just as bad. Even if it doesn't absorb through your skin, People are usually yelling when they swing a weapon so lets say some of that walker juice gets in your mouth or eyes, are you as good as bit?
Fucked your mind and how you would deal with them didn't I!

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @HiggsBoson2142 said: In Kirkman's world, you come back no matter how you die. A zombie bite/scratch is just 100% lethal.



    ummmm somebody doesnt get the conversation. Yes we all know that since episode 2. Im saying wouldnt getting their blood in your system be just as bad as if they bit or scratch you. Like how the bite kills you but isnt responsible for you turning

  • Glad people are discussing it. As the fiction for this particular zombie universe goes it doesn't make sense. The characters have to be wrong about their assumptions. If its a virus and they are all infected that means a secondary catalyst is acting upon an already existing infection and the secondary catalyst travels like a virus. For it to work you'd have to have a dormant infection activated by a "live" catalyst. That however makes even less sense.

    You just have to assume the characters are all wrong about their theories and they are doing what they think is right even though they are delusional.

  • @Shagittarius said: Glad people are discussing it. As the fiction for this particular zombie universe goes it doesn't make sense. The characters have to be wrong about their assumptions. If its a virus and they are all infected that means a secondary catalyst is acting upon an already existing infection and the secondary catalyst travels like a virus. For it to work you'd have to have a dormant infection activated by a "live" catalyst. That however makes even less sense.

    You just have to assume the characters are all wrong about their theories and they are doing what they think is right even though they are delusional.



    Yeah, I've heard others mention a possible dormant human virus or something. I just don't get why all of a sudden this would happen at the time it did. In Ricks world, before he got shot and went into a coma, people died and stayed dead. What changed? I doubt Kirkman will ever tell us but there has to be some explanation... Global Government project gone wrong (I Would LOVE to see parts of the other world and how they are doing in say Britain?), Terrorists, Wiping out the Amazon Rain Forest unearthing an unknown disease, Fallen Meteor, etc.

  • @Shagittarius said: Glad people are discussing it. As the fiction for this particular zombie universe goes it doesn't make sense. The characters have to be wrong about their assumptions. If its a virus and they are all infected that means a secondary catalyst is acting upon an already existing infection and the secondary catalyst travels like a virus. For it to work you'd have to have a dormant infection activated by a "live" catalyst. That however makes even less sense.

    You just have to assume the characters are all wrong about their theories and they are doing what they think is right even though they are delusional.


    AAActually, We see this in nature... Look at Auto-immunity dysfunctions. HIV is a virus that can cause one. If you think about the chemical composition of the walker spit, it could act like a Auto-Immunity blocker, causing the people to die from pretty much all types of diseases that they would usually be immune to.

  • @Shagittarius said: Glad people are discussing it. As the fiction for this particular zombie universe goes it doesn't make sense. The characters have to be wrong about their assumptions. If its a virus and they are all infected that means a secondary catalyst is acting upon an already existing infection and the secondary catalyst travels like a virus. For it to work you'd have to have a dormant infection activated by a "live" catalyst. That however makes even less sense.

    You just have to assume the characters are all wrong about their theories and they are doing what they think is right even though they are delusional.



    We can't rule out "Act of God" either. One of the signs for the apocalypse is the dead rising for judgement day. Only problem with this theory is that none of the other signs have made themselves apparent. If it's an "Act of God" all the signs would pop up. Weather events, rivers of blood. Demons walking the earth, etc.

    I still believe Kirkman himself doesn't even know and this is why it has not been explained more in-depth. It wouldn't be the first time. -- Credence is lent to this when you see that the CDC in Atlanta, a completely closed environment only has 1 man left standing by the time they show up. The CDC should have seen a 60% survival rate in a closed environment like this, but Kirkman decided to blow the place up. Why? it'd be a great place to get these answers and now it is gone.

    But Kirkman's universe tends to not make a lot of sense. Think about how many Police, Military, Rescue workers, Survivalists, etc. did NOT make it out alive. Common sense tells us more of these people with this training should have survived, but we have seen very few. Why? Because if more had survived then it might make things too easy for them.

    Also, what about other closed-government facilities that have been designed to run for YEARS and why there has been no mention about this. So, lots of holes that Kirkman has avoided or not even thought about.

    Kirkman wanted two types of people to survive. The Sociopaths and the average Joe trying to do the right thing but who is too moronic to fully understand that team work is the only way to survive now.

  • @Jokieman said: We can't rule out "Act of God" either. One of the signs for the apocalypse is the dead rising for judgement day. Only problem with this theory is that none of the other signs have made themselves apparent. If it's an "Act of God" all the signs would pop up. Weather events, rivers of blood. Demons walking the earth, etc.

    I still believe Kirkman himself doesn't even know and this is why it has not been explained more in-depth. It wouldn't be the first time. -- Credence is lent to this when you see that the CDC in Atlanta, a completely closed environment only has 1 man left standing by the time they show up. The CDC should have seen a 60% survival rate in a closed environment like this, but Kirkman decided to blow the place up. Why? it'd be a great place to get these answers and now it is gone.

    But Kirkman's universe tends to not make a lot of sense. Think about how many Police, Military, Rescue workers, etc. did NOT make it out alive. Common sense tells us more of these people with this training should have survived, but we have seen very few. Why? Because if more had survived then it might make things too easy for them.


    You realize the CDC was never in the comics, right? The show writers decided to blow it up because...well they couldn't think of a better way to advance the storyline of the show.

  • @HelloCthulhu said: You realize the CDC was never in the comics, right? The show writers decided to blow it up because...well they couldn't think of a better way to advance the storyline of the show.



    I've never read the comics, but this just lends even more weight to the Kirkman Himself doesn't know theory.

    Write about what you know. Kirkman doesn't know, so he doesn't write about it. :p

  • @Jokieman said: I've never read the comics, but this just lends even more weight to the Kirkman Himself doesn't know theory.

    Write about what you know. Kirkman doesn't know, so he doesn't write about it. :p


    Or he just hasn't decided to put it in yet. He has already put characters in that were red herrings to finding out the source of the infection in the comics and it's not above him to purposely mislead people.

  • @HelloCthulhu said: Or he just hasn't decided to put it in yet. He has already put characters in that were red herrings to finding out the source of the infection in the comics and it's not above him to purposely mislead people.



    He's said he already has a few ideas on such topics, but won't use them until the comic sales drop and he decides to end it.

  • If you look carefully, there are several types of dead. Here are some good theories that support the different looks:

    1. Was already dead - Risen from the grave/morgue/etc...
    2. Died from Infection - Perhaps bitten
    3. Died from trauma - Gunshot, injuries, etc...
    4. Died from natural causes - old age, other common illness/disease

    These are just a few ideas.

Add Comment