User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.9K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jack needs to come back. He was definitely underused in the first season. I'd love to see him become a full companion again. Plus maybe we'll learn what happened to him during the two years of his life that were wiped. Seeing as Moffat was the one who wrote that episode, he probably has/had a plan for him, just like river song.

• @coolsome said: I want to see him meet River Song.

I agree. Would be fun to see them together.

• xNbwxl.jpg?1
    I just hope that's a photo taking from a new TV series featuring the eighth doctor, and not a promo image for Dark Eyes.

I really like the costume. I can't wait for Dark eyes to come out.

Also, Neil Gaiman is writing a spoiler episode.

• @Friar said: xNbwxl.jpg?1
    I just hope that's a photo taking from a new TV series featuring the eighth doctor, and not a promo image for Dark Eyes.

I really like the costume. I can't wait for Dark eyes to come out.

Also, Neil Gaiman is writing a spoiler episode.

You forgot the alternative cover, that would be the cover if it didn't need to be pressed last week, according to the powers-that-be!
    tumblr_md67lrTMAb1rig9pto1_500.jpg

• I'm loving the Sixth Doctor's new outfit.

• Likely to only be of interest to Friar, Dark Eyes will be available tomorrow!

• But... But... I've still got 8 audios of Series 4 to relisten to!

Quoth the raven, Nevermore.

• @Friar said: But... But... I've still got 8 audios of Series 4 to relisten to!

Quoth the raven, Nevermore.

I know the feeling! I, *finally*, after months and months of catching up to get to this point, was prepared to start listeing to the best recieved audio (and possibly Doctor Who story) ever, A Death in the Family, tomorrow! grumble grumble I'm sure the cover art of the individual discs will be nice at least

Also the Cybermen have been hugely redesigned for Neil Gaiman's "The Last Cyberman":
    tumblr_md4qwcOZ671qc9aego6_1280.jpgtumblr_md4qwcOZ671qc9aego1_1280.jpg

Now they look like Batman.

• @Friar said: I was gonna say they look distinctly japanese.

I was going to say they looked like Iron Man.

Add Comment