User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 36.4K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: I was going to say they looked like Iron Man.

Yeah. And the lack of the cybus logo whilst retaining the central circle seems to boost the connection. Just add some blue LEDS, and you've got yourself an Army of Iron men.

I like the costumes though, but they look a little too much like rubber rather than metal. I liked that about the cybusmen. They looked metal. Before HD anyway...

• @Friar said: Yeah. And the lack of the cybus logo whilst retaining the central circle seems to boost the connection. Just add some blue LEDS, and you've got yourself an Army of Iron men.

This is what happens when Tony Stark doesn't keep a short leash on his tech.

• @Alcoremortis said: This is what happens when Tony Stark doesn't keep a short leash on his tech.

Maybe he was upgraded? Maybe that's the plot of the next Avengers film, The Avengers Assimilate?

• @Friar said: Maybe he was upgraded? Maybe that's the plot of the next Avengers film, The Avengers Assimilate?

Well, the next Iron Man film is going to deal with the Extremis virus... which he uses to fuse man and machine...

Oh no. Tony Stark created the Cybermen.

• @Ribs said: Likely to only be of interest to Friar, Dark Eyes will be available tomorrow!

No, I've got this on preorder as well. Unfortunately, what with all the other things I've got to listen to, it's going to be some time before I can get round to it! ("Voyage to Venus" was quite fun, though. AND IT ONLY COST A POUND!)

• Listening as we speak to "The Now Show". Mitch Benn's opening song is about Colin Baker on IACGMOOH and "Vengeance on Varos".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qgt7

• Assimilation^2 continues to be a source of much laughter:
    15baee87efe16f68ed07bd68b465933b.jpg

• Oh my god, that's awful. If I didn't already know who the characters were supposed to be I'd have no clue.

• @Ribs said: Assimilation^2 continues to be a source of much laughter

It's got to be good for something, I suppose... I mean, I could stomach the price of comics (and when you consider that when I were a lad, you got a comic strip, a short story, an unrelated back-up strip, a funny, and a letters page, for thirty-odd pence), I could give a pass to the artwork, but NOTHING BLOODY HAPPENS! And when, finally, in the most recent issue, something does occur, it's the most terribly fanficcy thing you can think of!

Add Comment