1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RetroVortex said: I very much doubt the four I just got will go up in price, (the very worst ones! XD), but I got them regardless because they will be great to play when I next get drunk! XD

Plus if they go down, at least I'll have the full set.

I think the ones that are getting a permanent price increase (at the request of Interplay, so don't blame GOG) are at least Fallout, MDK and Redneck Rampage, with the possibility of Descent.

• @Gibbeynator said: I think the ones that are getting a permanent price increase (at the request of Interplay, so don't blame GOG) are at least Fallout, MDK and Redneck Rampage, with the possibility of Descent.

Only the good ones then! XD
    (Nah I don't blame GOG. Some would say I'm one of their biggest fans! ;D)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Somehow - SOMEHOW - I can resist buying Sam & Max for the fourth time. Don't ask me how though.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Maybe you're learning

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Glad you crossed that out, since I bought Earthworm Jim 3D despite knowing full well that it's terrible.

• @Banaang said: This weekend - some games you might have heard of:

Sam & Max Save The World -$5.99
    Sam & Max Beyond Time And Space - $5.99
    Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $6.99
    Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - $3.99
    Back To The Future: The Game - $4.99
    Tales Of Monkey Island - $6.99

That's 80% off all gog.com Telltale games!

Oh mam, that's really tempting to complete my Telltale collection... Too bad there aren't any Steam keys (which for me is the platform of choice at the moment). Must-resist-spending-all-money.... :D

• While I don't like Wallace and Gromit that much, at least compared to other games from Telltale... I think it might be good to get it for 4 bucks, since at least the GOG version is DRM free.

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

I already have ToMI and all 3 seasons of Sam & Max on Steam, but I'm really tempted to buy them again on GOG, if only for those goodies.

Too bad I'm broke right now. That's making the decision on whether to buy them or not much more difficult than it normally would be.

• I've been playing a bit of Giana Sisters lately and was curious about level 1-6 after reading some of the comments here. I managed to beat it after a couple of sessions of playing it yesterday and today.

@Darth Marsden said: Man, if ever there was a brick wall 'do not continue' section in a game, Level 1-6 would be made of it. A full-on maze full of walls you cannot touch because they're full of insta-death? FUCK THAT.

I take it you haven't played the barrel levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii then? I'll agree that it's a hard level and I probably used a couple of hours on it in total, but after having gotten to the boss once, it's pretty easy to get there again even starting from the beginning of the level. And since the checkpoints are plentiful and you can always start over from them, I think it feels a lot less punishing than other platformers like Mario, DK and Rayman.

@Darth Marsden said: After "just" 28 minutes, I assure you that you ain't seen nothin' yet. :( :(

The really sad thing was, I was at the level boss after those 90 minutes. But I HAD to quit at that last mile.

I know what you mean. I often only play games for about half an hour a day, and yesterday I was in that same situation, only I had only gotten to that part with the moving platform where you have to switch rapidly between the sisters while descending towards that pit with the moving skulls. When I picked it up again today though, I found that it wasn't hard at all to get back there.

The boss was pretty hard though. I probably tried about fifty times or so, but since the pattern is always the same, it's only a matter of keeping your cool and working on your timing. I've seen worse in other more recent platformers, but being the first boss, I think it should have been a bit easier. The main problem I had was the falling rocks, which when they landed hid your character, making it harder to avoid the rest of them. After some tries I found that standing by the left wall is fairly safe.

@Darth Marsden said: 2-6 concludes the second level complex of Twisted Dreams.

It actually wasn't as bad as 1-6 surprisingly; but I think I must have spent 40 minutes on the final boss until I finally got that motherfucker down.

So the platforming is easier but the boss is harder?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@flesk said: So the platforming is easier but the boss is harder?

That's what I meant for 2-6, yes. ;)

Add Comment