User Avatar Image

Will Ben Screw Up Again In Episode 5?

posted by xXNinjaScoreXx on - last edited - Viewed by 827 users

Everyone came with me (Including Ben) and I was wondering, would Ben screw you over like how he did from...the beginning of time, (I like Ben but his derpyness is off the charts) or would he somehow magically with the help of invisible mind pixies actually help you? (This is only for those who brought Ben with them at the end of Episode 4)

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't see why Ben wouldn't "turn around and get with the programme". Look at everything he's been through on episode 4, everyone wanted to kick him out for his mistakes, and then he has a near-death experience where he actually stops believing in himself and asks Lee to just let him fall to his death and get out of that place, but Lee decides to give him another chance and saves him, you really think that's not capable of changing a person? If not, then I don't know what is. He might not do something super-badass style, but I'm sure he's gonna do something right.

• @Viser said: I don't see why Ben wouldn't "turn around and get with the programme". Look at everything he's been through on episode 4, everyone wanted to kick him out for his mistakes, and then he has a near-death experience where he actually stops believing himself and asks Lee to just let him fall to his death and get out of that place, but Lee decides to give him another chance and saves him, you really think that's not capable of changing a person? If not, then I don't know what is. He might not do something super-badass style, but I'm sure he's gonna do something right.

That's my view too. He's had his trial by fire, and because of Lee and Clementine showing faith in him... he's got good reason to do the best he can.

Some people just like to commit attribution error and assume that once a screw-up, always a screw-up.

• "Hey dude, I killed your wife and kid. Oh, and those walkers out there? That was me too. Where do I sit on the boat?" Yeah, an EXTREMELY slight provocation. What did he think was going to happen when he told Kenny? It's not like anyone expected Kenny to just say "whatever, it's cool" Ben knew EXACTLY what would happen. It WAS his actions that let the walkers in and he CHOSE to tell Kenny at literally the worst possible moment. Not to mention the timing in relation to Kat and Duck's deaths itself, the time the group raiding Crawford literally being about 1 1/2 days later.

His deal with the bandits concerned everyone at the motel. I don't see why he couldn't have told Katjaa, who is extremely level-headed or Lee, who risked his life time and time again to get the very same supplies Ben is stealing. The group could have done something about it if they knew, but his silence led to the group's ignorance, which led to them being taken by surprise, split up during the raid, and Duck being bitten.

I don't blame him for being afraid of Lilly. She and Kenny's argueing DID strain tensions, so I don't blame him for not wanting to say anything to either of them or at the RV scene. And while it WAS Lilly's choice to kill someone, the situation never would have ocurred had he been honest before the raid.

He left Clem even after Lee begged him to help her. I understand panic, but he looked at Clem and willingly left an 8 year old to the walkers so he could escape. Him leaving resulted in Clem nearly dying, which caused Chuck to save her at the cost of his own life.

Ben IS responsible for nearly all the bad things that happened from the beginning of 3. Bad choices compunded by even more bad choices because he tries to make up for being a screw up and a coward. All that being said, he's still a good person. Which is why the minute he said "There's no time, leave me! Get the others out of here!" I immediately forgave him. I know why he did the things he did, but him taking responsibility for his actions is why I respect and forgive him now. The same reason I respect and forgive Kenny for his actions is because I understand why he does what he does, and he took responsibility for them. Ben was willing to die to make things right. Kenny admitted to being the cause of Shawn's death, and decided to face the death of his own son which, in his mind, he caused.

• it all boils down to one thing

if you save people who have proven to be a liability and they continue to be one.

you're asking for trouble. true to get rid of everyone of any threat level would mean you could be alone but you'd be safer and alive and in the long run better off

imo anyone trying to justify saving ben is kidding themselves and therefore won't survive long.

as for kenny true he's had his moments but in the key difference between kenny and ben is kenny actually thinks before acting even it if was one direction his family then the boat.

nice way to 'try and win' a debate by shifting blame on to another character..

by the same logic, lee has killed 'danny and or andy' or caused the death of mark by suggesting they go to the farm. in that case it was an unforeseen consequence. but ben was oblivious to the obvious dangers of his actions. which isn't the same as he chose to ignore.

• Way to miss the point.

My point is that you cannot so easily apportion blame as you have. Ben's actions cause issues, but the deaths that followed are the fault of multiple characters for multiple reasons. My point is that wasting time finding someone to blame is a fools errand.

There is no need to justify saving Ben because it is just the right thing to do. Point blank. There is no grey area there.

My point is that whether its Kenny, Larry or Ben - there is no justification for not saving them.

I get that it's easier to think that you are surviving by letting him loose. But as episode 4 showed - that kind of thinking just leads to failure. Crawford failed because of making the mistake of thinking survival is about making unethical decisions "for the greater good."

But that kind of thinking never lasts.

So yeah. You can try to strawman your way through my argument. But it won't change my opinion.

• @Evinshir said:

My point is that you cannot so easily apportion blame as you have. Ben's actions cause issues, but the deaths that followed are the fault of multiple characters for multiple reasons. My point is that wasting time finding someone to blame is a fools errand. the lying to the group and stealing ? the hatchet ? ALL BEN

There is no need to justify saving Ben because it is just the right thing to do. Point blank. There is no grey area there. yeah the grey area is thinking he'll improve with no proof he can.

My point is that whether its Kenny, Larry or Ben - there is no justification for not saving them. but there is evidence to say why we shouldn't

I get that it's easier to think that you are surviving by letting him loose. But as episode 4 showed - that kind of thinking just leads to failure. Crawford failed because of making the mistake of thinking survival is about making unethical decisions "for the greater good." crawford failed because one woman decided her baby was more important than everyone else.

i ain't missed your point at all, i am choosing to disagree with it.

MY POINT i am also giving my view on who ben is and that my dear fellow/honey bun is

a huge muthafucking liability.

so the moral of this 'story' is agree to disagree.

good day.

• Is it that serious its do you think ben will screw up not a debate man

• Will Ben screw up in Ep 5? Oh boy I hope not. Or THAT'S.HIS.ASS!!

• I think he will do his best to help. He wants to make it up to Clementine and to Kenny. I believe in the boy.

• I almost want ben to screw up again so it's not some hollywood redemption cliche like every other story. Also to make everyone who saved him go "wtf ben."

Add Comment