User Avatar Image

Hit the Road DVD Cover

posted by TheWooz28 on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Now that I'm eagerly awaiting my Season 1 disc I was wondering if there are any fan-made or official DVD covers for download for Hit the Road. I would love to put my Hit the Road disc into a DVD case to put on my shelf next to Season 1.

141 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I got it to print on the photo paper! I'm impressed with the quality but I have to say... for some reason it printed a little bright

• Everyone's printer will print it differently.... because every printer uses different ink, uses different colormatching settings, etc, etc.

When we printed the real covers to the Season One discs, the printers sent us back proofs to see if the colors were too bright, too dark, etc, etc, and for all the poster prints and stuff that we do, we always go to the printer and do color checks as the first few come off the press, to make sure that they don't look off for some reason. For the Season One cover print (the "Street" print), Steve spent about 40 minutes working with the pressmen running different ink levels, until he got the press printing colors he was pleased with.

When you print at home, if you want something to be exact, you probably have to be willing to go through the same process, but with your home inkjet :)

• Well, it's still really nice looking though, so I don't think I'll redo it anytime soon.

• isn't photopaper to thick to be used inside a dvd-case?

@laserschwert: say, you do stuff like this professionally as well, right? i mean, even the pictures you took of the finished case look like they were shot in a studio...:confused:

• Those aren't pictures he took. It's a program that you load DVD covers into and it renders them into a 3D image. I have one, but it has a stupid watermark :(

The photopaper is pretty thick, but it still works.

• @xChri5x said: It's a program that you load DVD covers into and it renders them into a 3D image.

I think you're talking about IMANDIX, but I've done it a little more "hands on" with 3dsmax, a professional 3D-application. And 3D-graphics is actually what I DO professionally... unfortunately the need for DVD-covers is quite minimal, so that's just a hobby.

• Hey, i know this is WAY old, but I'm kind of nostalgic right now and wanted to make the manual's and dvd cover's for my old lucas cd games.

I have the original cds alone and wanted to put them in DVD cases with some of the original box art and manuals so they kind of feel "complete"and look great on the shelf next to my other games and movies.

The dvd cover for hit the road made by "meelWORM" is really, really great.

But i also want to re-create the manual, I took the one from replacementdocs.com, but it's not complete, it doesn't have some of the mini-comics, so i have been kind of re-creating the manual (also in full color) but i'm missing at least one page, i found it in the french manual, but besides being in french, it's a really terrible scan.

So i was wondering if anyone has the original manual and is willing to scan that page for me? (it's the breakfast at the dinner page, and maybe a better scan of max's paper bag page).

Add Comment