User Avatar Image

What's the more human thing to do in this series?

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

What do you think is the more human thing to do in this series? As a person with morals etc. have you

-Killed Larry with Kenny (Ep 2)
-Sacrificed Ben (Ep 4)

done any of this in the game?

104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • thank you for your input fred

care to use a quote to be more precise ?

• But I don't understand why you think Ben can't change. That doesn't make sense, people change all the time... especially after going through a lot, like Ben did.

• He's well intentioned there's no doubt there but I think at times he just gets too scared or lacks common sense that's hard to change but not enough to leave him to plummet to his death when he's just a kid

• do people change ?

did larry ?

did lilly ?

has kenny ?

has clem ?

• Larry died and Lilly left the group at episode 3.

Kenny has definitely changed, and you realize that when Katjaa asks what happened in the meatlocker. She knows Kenny's changing and she doesn't like it.

And so has Clem, on episode 4 she starts disobbeying Lee and wanting to participate more (like going to Crawford, exploring the house, going under the door)...

Well, Clem even comments on how Ben doesn't look the same when they come back from Crawford if you save him.

But real-life people are capable of changing too, you don't really need in-game examples to know that Ben could change...

• @Milosuperspesh said: do people change ?

did larry ?

Actually he did. On a number of occasions in episode 2 he showed signs of softening to Lee if Lee showed support for Lily.

did lilly ?

Again, yes. The more Lee backs Lily, the more she is willing to trust him.

has kenny ?

Definitely! Depending on events, Kenny becomes either more trusting of Lee or becomes more self-serving.

has clem ?

Yes again. She goes from being a kid who hides and is scared to a confident child who stands up for what she believes in and the people she trusts.

Seriously? You're going to try to argue that people don't change in a story that's all about how people change when put under pressure.

The whole point of the zombie horror genre is about how exceptional circumstances can change people. How the seemingly nice teacher can become a heartless killer in the name of survival. Or how a murderer can find redemption by fighting to save the weak and protect them.

You really don't know people if you think they can't change.

• depends what you mean in terms of Larry knew that Lee was a muderer so he was naturally wary but admittedly he didn't change much. Lilly did as at the start of the game she was good friends with carley and was a calm and collected leader of the group she then loses control of the group goes through alot of stress and kills carley and also suffers her fathers death and abandons the group she formly lead or gets abadoned herself.Kenny again has he helped duck rather then save shawn at hershel's farm and with his family dead I think he replaced he's family loss with nothing he has become more selfish as a result but his motives have changed once he's safe then what? Whats he got to live for his wife and kid are dead so what's he gonna do? Clem has become a girl who used to draw ponies to an eight year old girl who shot a zombie and saved molly's life she also doesn't complain when people swear and no longer thinks as killing as bad so I would argue she has changed the most

• i never said people can't change i just asked for clarification, so now putting words in my mouth eh ? bad form..

if you noticed i left out some of the characters because they have also 'changed'

and i know people 'CAN' change but not everyone does. you see growth for other characters like christa and omid who new the group for less time and they learned and have settled in the simple fact is ben has not.

if he has i must of missed so lets show some proof of the almighty ben ?

• @Milosuperspesh said: i never said people can't change i just asked for clarification, so now putting words in my mouth eh ? bad form..

if you noticed i left out some of the characters because they have also 'changed'

and i know people 'CAN' change but not everyone does. you see growth for other characters like christa and omid who new the group for less time and they learned and have settled in the simple fact is ben has not.

if he has i must of missed so lets show some proof of the almighty ben ?

Then maybe you shouldn't have made it look like you firmly believe Ben can't change? That kinda gives off the idea that you think people can't change, sorry if I misinterpreted you, but it's not really my fault.

The experience that would be capable of changing Ben happens at the very end of the episode, we haven't had a chance to see how it really affected him. And how have Omid and Christa showed growth? The group has known them for a day or so ._.

• Ben became more and more useless as time went on...not a change really I guess but once he could kinda be trusted but lying repeatedly, he became a coward pretty quickly actually.

Add Comment