User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, so I was thinking. Have you ever considered editing the game into a movie/show? I would buy it straight away, no questions asked.

Another question, which languages will have subtitles later on?

Thank you!

• Meh, I read the books recently. The writers suck. Ford-S10. Steel-Plated Revolvers (what's it plating, playdough?), "Reaches for the stock of the handgun". etc. On a handgun it is called the Grip.

sigh.

I mean who mistakes a Chevy for a Ford. Ford S10? heh.

• @Dnice said: Okay, so I was thinking. Have you ever considered editing the game into a movie/show? I would buy it straight away, no questions asked.

Another question, which languages will have subtitles later on?

Thank you!

I don't think the game would have the same impact as a movie. It would be fun to watch, but you'd probably just be reaching for your controller the whole time!

I don't know about subtitles! I know that making the game available subtitled in other languages is something we'd like to do but I don't know the specific plans.

• Do you know when the trailer for ep.5 will release, since the episode is coming out this month, it should be soon

• @Bcroft said: Do you know when the trailer for ep.5 will release, since the episode is coming out this month, it should be soon

You realize you answered your own question, right?

• Will there be a trailer for Ep. 5?

• yea but I'm asking If they know the date

• @Jake said: I don't think the game would have the same impact as a movie. It would be fun to watch, but you'd probably just be reaching for your controller the whole time!

I don't know about subtitles! I know that making the game available subtitled in other languages is something we'd like to do but I don't know the specific plans.

I guess you're right, it probably wont have the same impact. I realize now that my idea was pretty bad. However, what if you edited the game so you don't need to walk, shoot etc. and instead only made it so you only do the choices? That might be appealing to the older generations and for "movie-people"-

About the subtitles, I would love to make the swedish translation. Heck, I would even consider to do it for free. Why? Well, besides being a huge fan? I have friends/family that would love this game, except in the current state they would not be able to understand the options you're given (since they are pretty fast) or the conversations.

• 1st off. Great game! well done Telltale team even with the bugs.

I have a question? So are you going to do what the comics and series doesn't touch on so much. That a Zombie Apocalypse wouldn't be relegated to the deep south alone. Where climate and locale, would have everything to do with the survival tactics of the characters.

That would definitely make it less linear by opting for a major decision at the games beginning such as (which direction do they go?) and subsequent decisions diversifying the unfolding story further.

Example:
    The group makes the decision to head south to Florida.
    The usual. looting, bandits, walkers etc

or

Group heads North where deep sub zero winter freezes eliminate walker activity (for awhile). But different challenges may face the survivors like starvation in a tough winter (possibly a little Donner Party decision taking place taking out a choice of two major characters). Which would potentially change the outcome of the game even further.

Not asking for spoilers. Just asking if you plan on expanding the choices made by players in series 2 and making it less linear?

Add Comment