User Avatar Image

Rate the Last Game You Finished

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 7.7K users

Title says it all. Rate the last video game you completed.

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9.5/10

835 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm sorry but i have to bring this up again. I have gotten to stage 5 in Parappa The Rapper PSP and i can't get pass it. I have no idea if the PS1 Version is better but i think this psp version is completely crap. Yes the songs are very catchy, Parappa and his friends are very likeable but with the timing this broken it's no fun to play since the only thing you ever see is your rank ether at Bad or Awful unless you have played through the levels many times and have remembered where all the right spots to hit the buttons are since the games timing is so awful. Please someone tell me Parappa 2 & Umjammer Lammy's timing is better because the timing in Parappa the Rapper PSP is Awful.

• @JedExodus said: I have this bad boy preordered. I'm just crapping myself over the save file corrupting bugs, and spoilers, I don't even wanna know what colour the walls are.

The bug is very easy to avoid, just avoid saving in the puzzle rooms (none of them took over half an hour, save the last one which has no bug) and you'll be just fine.

Also gray.

• Just finished Telltale's Puzzle Agent last night. It was.. a mixed bag.

I found the puzzles inconsistent with some being really easy, some being nearly impossible without hints, and others having a nice medium ground. Unfortunately, the medium-ground puzzles were rare. I had liked how most of the puzzles related to the story or to who you're talking to (which Professor Layton didn't do when I tried it), but a felt like they came outta nowhere.

I loved the characters, the art style, the setting and the story. What I didn't like was the abrupt and unresolved ending. I've heard a lot of stuff about the gameplay in PA2, and unfortunately I don't see myself rushing off to spend $10 on something I'll probably beat in half the time. Took me about 5 hours to finish it and there's really no replayability.

Probably give it a 3 outta 5? I don't like using "ratings" but that's really the best I can do. I liked so much of it, but the gameplay and ending were either flatout disappointing or just unenjoyable at times. I still don't know how people were having trouble with the Room Key puzzle.. >_>;

• @Hiroshi Mishima said: Just finished Telltale's Puzzle Agent last night. It was.. a mixed bag.

I found the puzzles inconsistent with some being really easy, some being nearly impossible without hints, and others having a nice medium ground. Unfortunately, the medium-ground puzzles were rare. I had liked how most of the puzzles related to the story or to who you're talking to (which Professor Layton didn't do when I tried it), but a felt like they came outta nowhere.

I loved the characters, the art style, the setting and the story. What I didn't like was the abrupt and unresolved ending. I've heard a lot of stuff about the gameplay in PA2, and unfortunately I don't see myself rushing off to spend $10 on something I'll probably beat in half the time. Took me about 5 hours to finish it and there's really no replayability.

Probably give it a 3 outta 5? I don't like using "ratings" but that's really the best I can do. I liked so much of it, but the gameplay and ending were either flatout disappointing or just unenjoyable at times. I still don't know how people were having trouble with the Room Key puzzle.. >_>;

A lot of TellTale's original works have left a lot to be desired. I'm guess that is why they stopped making them and have instead focused on "renting" IP's to make games in other people's sandboxes.

• @Jokieman said: A lot of TellTale's original works have left a lot to be desired. I'm guess that is why they stopped making them and have instead focused on "renting" IP's to make games in other people's sandboxes.

Telltale has NEVER made a game that isn't based on somebody else's work. Name one. Only one. I dare you.

• The only Telltale game that's left a lot to be desired for me was Jurassic Park.

Unless you count all those times I wanted more after I'd finished, in which case I guess you'd be right.

Oh, and unless I'm mistaken, the Sam & Max games were actually worked on by some of the same people who made the original game or had been part of LucasArts. Would that be the same as working with someone else's stuff? Even if they're working with the creator or people who're part of it?

Still, I do feel that Telltale typically handles the IPs well. I just wish Jurassic Park hadn't been "QTE to the Extreme". Probably a result of them making it all at once instead of actually being episodic.

• 4 Elements 1/10

It's bad and no one was surprised. And the screenshots on Steam were so promising. The game has 3 modes but doesn't balance them right. It has 4 hidden object levels, 16 "spot the difference" levels and 64 horrible levels of the main mechanic I really really hate.
    Also this annoying Tutorial-Elf that constantly hinders you and cannot be killed. I'll never touch this piece of crap ever again. At least it was on sale & cheap.

• @der_ketzer said: Telltale has NEVER made a game that isn't based on somebody else's work. Name one. Only one. I dare you.

I suppose Telltale Texas Hold-Em isn't a valid response?

• @Alcoremortis said: I suppose Telltale Texas Hold-Em isn't a valid response?

That did never deserve to exist.:p
    But yeah. That might be the one exception.

• DeathSpank 7/10

A really good game, it had all the classic hack n' slash elements, but was more or less based on the story more than game play. The catoonish graphics worked really well, and the music was good. It was really funny and I could clearly see Ron Gilbert's involvement, it took me about 2 years to realize that the Spelunker was Indiana Jones. :P

The reason why I take away some grades is because many of the cards you get to choose from as you level are more or less useless, the money card as an example was a regret of mine that I took as I was literally drowning in gold. Most of the items I could find and use was more or less not worth it and I ended up grinding it for even more gold.
    The game has no real re-play value as I had gotten all the dialogue options, completed all the quests and gotten all the achievements in my first play through.

But all in all a really good game, worth every bit of money. :)

Add Comment