User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 13K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noname215 said: I live in San Francisco. Like THAT’s ever going to happen. And if it did, somebody would get sued.

Honestly, I think it really depends on WHERE in SF you are. If you're in a rich neighborhood or a tourist area...

• Given recent conversation in a different thread, I feel obligated to re-post this completely on-topic, pure, unmitigated awesomeness.

@Darth Marsden said: Allow me to cleverly put you in your place with a far superior script.

Scene: The Meeting Room. Bender, Fry and Leela are sitting around the table.

Fry: Huh. I wonder where the Professor is.
    Leela: Yeah. he said he had some big announcement.
    Fry: Oo! Maybe he's finally getting that hair transplant!
    Bender: He said big, not stupid, stupid.
    Fry: They're not mutually exclusive!

Professor Farnsworth enters

Prof: What's not mentally expensive?
    Leela: Never you mind. What's the good news?
    Prof: Good news? Oh yes! Good news, everyone! Some formerly talented video games company is making a bunch of games about us!
    ALL: Yay!

Zoidberg leans in through a window that shouldn't be there and will in fact not be next time the camera pans past the wall

Zoidberg: Hurray! Finally Zoidberg's dream of a fish eating minigame has come true!
    Fry: So what type of game is it, Professor? Another platformer?
    Leela: I hope not. The last one wasn't very good.
    Bender: Speak for yourself. I was very happy with the senseless mutilation and destruction of innocent creatures, heh heh.
    Fry: Yeah! And I got to shoot stuff! Shooting stuff is fun and useful!
    Farnsworth: Oh my, no. None of that, I'm afraid.
    BENDER & FRY: Aww...
    Farnsworth: No, this one's going to be a heap of adventure games!
    Fry: Wait, does those make me use my brain thingy?
    Bender: And I don't get to jump around and smash things?
    Farnsworth: No, you have to use things with other things to make all new things! Oh, it's like a dream come true!
    Fry: Aw, that's no fun at all! I wanna see stuff go kablouey!
    Leela: Maybe you'll get to combine items to make a 'kablouey', whatever that is.
    Fry: Aww, you always know just what to see.
    Bender: Oo, oo, maybe you can combine me with a girder and I can bend it! I'm good at that!
    Farnsworth: Oh now, let's not get too excited. These things have to be easy to solve so more people will buy them.
    Fry: Cool! Easy stuff is more fun!
    Farnsworth: Yes, it'll probably be full of puzzles like picking up that universal doohickey on the table there.

The game instructs you to pick up the 'Universal Doohickey' from the table.

Fry: Like that?
    Farnsworth: Yes, I suspect that's probably as complicated as things will get.
    Fry: I'm not sure I like things being THAT easy. What would I use it on?
    Fatnsworth: Oh, I don't have time for your shenanigans. Try using it on someone else.

The game instructs you to use it on Zoidberg, who's now inside the room. The window has completely vanished. using the item on Zoidberg makes Fry walk up to him, hold the doohickey in his hand for a second while he ponders it, then throw it at Zoidberg's head.

Zoidberg: Ow! What was that for?
    Fry: I dunno, the game made me do it.
    Zoidberg: I don't like this game any more. I'm going to go and practice for my fish eating minigame.

Zoidberg makes to leave from the window, but of course it's not there. He shrugs and walks out the door instead.

Fry: Wow. Adventure games are fun.

• Y'know, I'd forgotten how funny I was.

• @Darth Marsden said: Y'know, I'd forgotten how funny I was.

Aww, you always know just what to see.

Aaaaand now you need to go edit that post. The problem with things getting reposted is that I read it more carefully the second time and start finding mistakes.

• It's Fry. It works. Just add an odd look from Leela afterwards.

• This reminds me: The Simpsons Game sucks.

• Ooo, Telltale should totally make a Simpsons game.

...and we're back on topic without even breaking the current line of conversation. And THAT'S why I'm a mod.

• I like Road rage just for the jokes really.

• I would like to see a game made based on the Charlie Chan movies from the 30s, 40s and 50s.

Add Comment