User Avatar Image

Rural or Urban areas?

posted by TheNNerdGamer on - last edited - Viewed by 351 users

for zombie survival
what place could you most possibly survive..... or both?
(by both I mean: live in rural and make runs to urban or live in urban and make runs to rural)

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Neither. Rural areas are too far from supplies, while Urban areas will be infested with zombies.

Suburban areas are the way to go. Not so much people where you have to worry about that many more zombies, while being fairly close to supplies.

• Rural, Obviously.. Not so much zombies as In urban areas and.. Well, There should be atleast some supplies left for a few months. Otherwise turn on your tractor and scavenge.

• It all depends on your particular area. For instance, I live in a rural area. Everyone has guns, and I know almost no people that don't hunt and fish. In this area, being prepared for disaster is a huge thing, and I know a ton of people that have a years worth of supplies stocked up. We have a river about 4 miles away with plenty of great fishing. Lots of small game, and a herd of deer that live a couple miles away. Not many people here, so I think it would be a good place to be. However, other rural areas could be a nightmare. It would depend on the resources available, and the type of people.

• @dustpuffs said: It all depends on your particular area. For instance, I live in a rural area. Everyone has guns, and I know almost no people that don't hunt and fish. In this area, being prepared for disaster is a huge thing, and I know a ton of people that have a years worth of supplies stocked up. We have a river about 4 miles away with plenty of great fishing. Lots of small game, and a herd of deer that live a couple miles away. Not many people here, so I think it would be a good place to be. However, other rural areas could be a nightmare. It would depend on the resources available, and the type of people.

..Wow, That sounds like a heavenly Rural Area. What's it called?

• Rural=less people+more crops

So that.

• @QuarterPounderVlad said: ..Wow, That sounds like a heavenly Rural Area. What's it called?

It's a western U.S. state with a lot of Mormons (the prepared people). Not heaven if you don't like close to 6 months of winter.

• It depends on the city. Some cities might be very hard to scavenge because of their construction. However, you don't have to worry about people in those cities, because every sane person would avoid them.
    Rural areas are less crowded with zombies but the human factor will be much stronger. Rival gangs, bandits and what-not would be challenging everything you have and hope to accomplish.
    Very small and mobile group - cities
    Hoping to form a big sort of community - urban areas.

Still, people are much more dangerous than zombies.

• Too much people would be in Urban areas, people=walkers.

• Its pretty logical, you want the biggest chance of surviving in a world full of zombies, well then since each time you come in contact with them, you have a chance to be dead, you want to be where there is fewest zombies :)

So by continuing that logic, the best place would be to go find a boat, and find a smaller island, where there isnt living a lot of people maybe the plague wouldn even have gotten there, so again higher chance of survival.

So ill pick the option c "Island" :)

• Kirkman showed that in this world people are a bigger threat than zombies. In urban areas, the walkers will protect you from people trying to contest your territory.
    Walkers are a manageable danger, people are not.

Add Comment