User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 200K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We're not quite sure. The intention was to do microchip tagging to tell which number clone AlcoreMortis was which, but an impromptu Gilbert & Sullivan live rehearsal sort of superseded that plan and now we just have a few too many mad scientists that spend their time buying games that won't be played and thinking about doing horrible things like building ray guns before getting distracted by something in their brains.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@JedExodus said: Aquariums are the shit! There's one in Portaferry that has a seal sanctuary where they nurse malnourished and injured seals back to health, it makes my heart go "DAWWWW!" every time.

exploris0216.jpg

My other favourites are petting the rays and their weird velcro feel and staring at the super ugly fishies. :)

OH GAWD I thought that was an actual picture you made. This must be the cutest thing EVAR.

• @Rather Dashing said: We're not quite sure. The intention was to do microchip tagging to tell which number clone AlcoreMortis was which, but an impromptu Gilbert & Sullivan live rehearsal sort of superseded that plan and now we just have a few too many mad scientists that spend their time buying games that won't be played and thinking about doing horrible things like building ray guns before getting distracted by something in their brains.

Well, there's currently seven with the possibility of more. If we want to get that Pirates of Penzance show going, there needs to be about twenty or so.

• How did you solve the problem with the accelerated growth rate? My clones always suffered from severe progeria and died from multiple organ dysfunction syndrome before reaching puberty.

• @Iryon said: How did you solve the problem with the accelerated growth rate? My clones always suffered from severe progeria and died from multiple organ dysfunction syndrome before reaching puberty.

A pinch of salt.

• @RetroVortex said: A pinch of salt.

Which salt?

• @RetroVortex said: A pinch of salt.

I think what you mean is a grain of salt.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: I think what you mean is a grain of salt.

You mean, a unit of mass equal to 64.79891 milligrams, 1⁄7,000 of an avoirdupois pound? Wouldn't that be a bit hard to measure with standard laboratory equipment?

• @Iryon said: How did you solve the problem with the accelerated growth rate? My clones always suffered from severe progeria and died from multiple organ dysfunction syndrome before reaching puberty.

Well... um... see, that's where we get into time travel.

But look, it isn't really messing up the timeline if they aren't revived until the present day, right? The memory transfer is a little hinky, but everything usually works itself out.

• Instead of a clone, the scientist could be a different version from an alternate temporal dimension (eg. Sliders). Such a person could even come from an Earth where TTG still makes adventure games.

And [edit]Ronald McDonaldRon Gilbert[/edit] is supreme overlord of the universe.

This discussion has been closed.