User Avatar Image

Wreck-It Ralph

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

I probably shouldn't be starting a new thread over a movie trailer, but it's such a freakin' awesome trailer, I couldn't help myself. This movie is going to be SO awesome.

Watch and squee.

104 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ryannumber1gamer said: Oh using Team Fortress 2 references? Well two can play at that game. now go eat a Sandvich and rewatch some NC reviews.

Bonk! .....nope

• @RetroVortex said: Bonk! .....nope

Ahem...Gentlemen.

Edit:I'm still pissed off that i can't see this until 2013.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Now go eat a Sandvich and rewatch some NC reviews.

Why would anybody do that. Most of them are pretty bad.

• @DAISHI said: Go see this! It's a great movie. It's great for kids, and adults will still have a good time, especially as you pick out the different game characters floating around. It's got just the right mix of comedy with a touching story, and the last scene, oh gods. I think I shed a tear there at the end.

This is basically what I've been telling everyone since I got back from seeing it last week. It's right up there as one of my favourite movies ever, and I'm insanely picky, not liking a lot of movies that come out. It's a rare case where I see a movie that I want to turn around and watch a second time right afterwards, but this I'd love to if money weren't so scarce.

Nearly every videogame movie I've seen has been disappointing or just awful. This took that and broke it to smithereens, exceeding all my expectations. The amount of cameos was awesome and I'm sure I missed some despite trying to see everything going on. It's a movie where you're going to miss stuff in the background the first time through, like some other movies I've loved.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I really like the soundtrack of this film. I really like how they got Buckner and Garcia, the duo that made Pac-Man Fever in the 80's, to make a song for this too. :) The song is called Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph, and it's actually pretty catchy. :D

I also really like the J-Pop theme to Sugar Rush by AKB48, and the original orchestrated theme by Henry Jackman is really good too. There's some fun chip-tune style songs, and some orchestration with electronic sounds, it's really neat to listen to. :)

• I am not going to read in this thread at all, because I wan't to avoid possible spoilers.

But I am in the sad predicament of living in Europe, so I won't get to see this movie in a long time and that makes me a sad panda. And when it finally get's here it might suffer from the same curse that Rise of the Guardians has right now. Every showing in every cinema is only on Danish... If there is one thing I don't want anymore, is watching animated movies translated to danish. I wan't to watch them in their native language.

But when it finally does get here, I will hunt down the even most obscure cinema to get an English showing. I can't wait as it looks really good.

• @Rather Dashing said: It was...okay? The movie is great for the first....fourth or so. If you've watched the movie trailers, you've seen pretty much all of the major cameos, the movie itself actually spends the vast majority of its run in the "Sugar Rush" setting, which is supposed to be designed like a Japanese kart racer but honestly just feels like somebody picked up a CandyLand board, said "Do that, but with these American brand candies we've licensed", and called it a day. Once the movie hits there, it gets stuck, and goes through some obnoxiously predictable storylines.

Ralph becomes friends with a character with the intent of fulfilling some selfish goal. How do you think this will go? That's how it goes, complete with the "stop the movie for 20 minutes while we watch characters sulk for awhile" moment. Other than one well-done plot point which SHOULD be obvious but is integrated well enough that I didn't see it coming, every plotline in the entire film can be called as of a quarter of the way in, and the ride stops being fun. Silverman's character is one of those sidekicks that is supposed to grate on the main hero but ends up grating on the audience, the whole Sugar Rush world is as saccharine and lifeless as its premise, and the movie spends far too much time retreading old ground and explaining its rules so it can use them half a minute later to fulfill predictable by-committee plotlines, down to the big setpiece finale.

The movie does some cute things but also does them somewhat inconsistently. Characters in the "Fix-It Felix" universe have limited animation frames, as though they're still sprites, but Ralph and Felix seem to fade in and out of it without much reason behind it.

Agree with most of this. I thought it got boring as soon as they went to the Halo world. And those story beats of "big dumb protagonist can't do anything right and screws absolutely everything up before finally turning things around at the end thanks to love" are so damn annoying.

• @Jennifer said: I really like the soundtrack of this film. I really like how they got Buckner and Garcia, the duo that made Pac-Man Fever in the 80's, to make a song for this too. :) The song is called Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph, and it's actually pretty catchy. :D

I also really like the J-Pop theme to Sugar Rush by AKB48, and the original orchestrated theme by Henry Jackman is really good too. There's some fun chip-tune style songs, and some orchestration with electronic sounds, it's really neat to listen to. :)

The soundtrack was good enough that I got it the minute I got back from the theater.

• @Gman5852 said: Interesting to note the lack of Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts characters. I mean those would have been the easiest of cameos to license.

It was rumored that Sora did get a cameo in it. I read it on the KH Wiki and the cameo is hard to see but the wiki said its during the Tapper scene when Ralph is talking to Tapper and he says he has to serve someone and it goes into the 8-bit screen showing the arcade machine, it says Sora is one of the people to walk in. But it was proven to just be a cowboy that looks like Sora.

Wreck-it Ralph wiki which says it was proven false:http://wreckitralph.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_cameos_in_Wreck-It_Ralph

Add Comment