User Avatar Image

Is Telltale Walking Dead?

posted by danewsh on - last edited - Viewed by 500 users

I've purchased nearly every Telltale game and been a fan since Hit the Road. When are we going to see the Dead End and some new games again? I've no interest in the Walking Dead and I haven't seen any new ideas outta Telltale in quite a while. Was there a brainstorming brain melt at HQ?

28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Giant Tope said:
    btw the only game that they've done that had zombies and vampires was s&m s2 so im not really sure you're mad about it because that season was their best imho

yeah I meant straight up horror stuff...not Jurgen et Co...that was cool.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@danewsh said: yeah I meant straight up horror stuff...not Jurgen et Co...that was cool.

There's no vampires in The Walking Dead, and Telltale has never done a horror adventure before The Walking Dead (that wasn't a comedy horror adventure). You have to remember Telltale is still just a medium sized company with only around 100 employees for the entire company. Telltale's usual schedule is only two or three seasons a year. Last year, they broke their usual release schedule and did three seasons and a standalone game, and the quality suffered for it. This year they did two seasons, Law & Order: Legacies and The Walking Dead, which is well within their usual rate of release.

Fables should be out in a few months. That one's a fantasy comic book license rather than a horror one. After that is probably King's Quest, which is based on an adventure game license.

After that, I'm not sure. Back to the Future Season Two has been rumored (Christopher Lloyd told fans at a comic convention in Canada that he's doing the voice of Doc for a new Telltale Back to the Future game). The Walking Dead Season Two has also been announced, so it could be that one. And Telltale could have more rabbits to pull out of their hat that we don't know about.

• @danewsh said: yeah I meant straight up horror stuff...not Jurgen et Co...that was cool.

why is branching genres a bad thing?

• Exploring new genres isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I'd like to think they more than learned their lesson after Jurassic Park.

Personally, The Walking Dead has never appealed to me and I get kinda sick of hearing my mom, cousin, and aunt talk about it. I played the first episode on my cousin's Xbox and while it was not too bad, I am not planning to play the others.

As a few others have said, I enjoy the wit and humour far more than the gritty depression that permeates TWD. I'll be looking forwards to just about anything that leans back in the direction of Back to the Future, Monkey Island, or Sam & Max. I don't mind a new IP, I just miss the more light-hearted stuff.

• Have you seen the show? It's definitely better than the game.

• Is Telltale Stalking Ted?

Well, are they?

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: Is Telltale Stalking Ted?

Well, are they?

It would seem so. :D

• @Hiroshi Mishima said: Exploring new genres isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I'd like to think they more than learned their lesson after Jurassic Park.

Personally, The Walking Dead has never appealed to me and I get kinda sick of hearing my mom, cousin, and aunt talk about it. I played the first episode on my cousin's Xbox and while it was not too bad, I am not planning to play the others.

As a few others have said, I enjoy the wit and humour far more than the gritty depression that permeates TWD. I'll be looking forwards to just about anything that leans back in the direction of Back to the Future, Monkey Island, or Sam & Max. I don't mind a new IP, I just miss the more light-hearted stuff.

I like the humor too. Unfortunately, TellTale isn't that great with Humor, IMO.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Have you seen the show? It's definitely better than the game.

I'm not even a fan of the comics, I don't think I'd like the show any better. I know TWD is less about zombies and more about exploring Humanity and dealing with problems and choices, but I'm not a large fan of the drama, either.

@MusicallyInspired said: I like the humor too. Unfortunately, TellTale isn't that great with Humor, IMO.

I can't recall if any of their stuff has been big ol' "bust a gut laughing" (like I did watching Blue Collar Comedy Tour) but I've enjoyed it nonetheless. Maybe we have different tastes in humour. *shrug*

Add Comment