User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.4K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just want 2 things: 1) A gay couple & 2) a female main character as "hero". :cool: ;) And I bet for one thing, we will see Lilly back in the next season.

• Season 2 doesn't HAVE to take place right after the events of season 2. A couple of years could probably pass by.

If Lee truly dies (I'm guessing he will with the ending of episode 4 in mind). The possibility of playing as a mature and much older Clementine seems highly likely.

I feel that she could probably take the things she have learned from Lee and still use them to survive later on in life. We could probably be introduced with a whole new cast of survivors. And best of all Clem would still be wearing that hat her father gave her.

Doesn't seem too far off right?

• Kirkman has only shown 2 years of the apocalypse
    older clem not happening

• @TheNNerdGamer said: Kirkman has only shown 2 years of the apocalypse
    older clem not happening

You love following me around on this forum ever since I ripped your love for Kenny apart. He isn't a good man. Move on.

• This has been discussed to death, with people feeling very different about the idea.

I personally love the idea of teenage Clem having to survive without Lee, remembering the things he taught her, etc. It really doesn't seem likely, though, because the comic is ongoing and they can't get ahead of that.

I predict a "happy" ending, and a bad one where Clem dies. Happy is in quotes because I doubt it will actually be happy but maybe bittersweet. Either way I doubt she will be in season 2, dead or alive.

• @lilTomTom said: You love following me around on this forum ever since I ripped your love for Kenny apart. He isn't a good man. Move on.

what are you talking about?

• @lilTomTom said: Season 2 doesn't HAVE to take place right after the events of season 2.

Are you sure about this one? :D

• @lilTomTom said: You love following me around on this forum ever since I ripped your love for Kenny apart. He isn't a good man. Move on.

No, it's because it WON'T be Clem. She would be 10 years old at the most. Kirkman's only written about two years in by this point, and since it's HIS franchise, only he gets to decide what his world will be like in the future. Telltale can only set their story as far as Kirkman has written, because they don't know what his world will be like in 5 or 10 or 20 years.

• I was thinking when season 2 starts and we probally get a new protaganist that the opening chapter should be a little different.

I was thinking of the protagonist being on a bus with others being brought into some type of tight security base which is being used stop walkers from getting in but secretly experimenting on people in a hidden room or basement. The building would be as big as the school from crawford and the protagonist would have to talk to people and try to plan an escape and deciding who to trust and who to bring along. Maybe have a group but only a few could escape. The experiments would be harsh but they would keep trying to make a cure. They would fail though and the experiments would attack.

it needs more work i know but this is just my thought.

Add Comment