User Avatar Image

Hey, Um, What About Us?

posted by Störtebeker on - last edited - Viewed by 528 users

While the games on gog are drm-free knows anyone if Telltale maybe will also make the games drm-free here? Last time I searched the forum for this topic I had the feeling that there wasn't any plans nor some large demand for such a move.

I know that some or maybe all the free cd-versions are drm-free, but to avoid the shipping costs I would really prefer the same for the digital versions.

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: Because phobias are always completely sensical.

Yes. They are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWASwBWyUXI

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Because phobias are always completely sensical.

Well, no.

The human imagination can do crazy things to our thoughts that totally sound plausible, like when a child is afraid of being sucked down the bathtub drain.

But I would think that when you get old enough, your fears would give way to a certain level of scientific impossibility.

• I'm just afraid for things in the night, things that might want to kill me. I for one also believe in something we can't see, like ghosts and demons and shit. Who's to say that zombies aren't magical corpses?

I know, it's ridiculous, and I know most of my fears are bullshit, but I'm still afraid, and I have no fucking clue why, nor have I any control over it.

• @Chyron8472 said: But I would think that when you get old enough, your fears would give way to a certain level of scientific impossibility.

Then there is only one problem though: What if science is wrong? Because Zombies clearly exist! Just look at Ron Paul or the rest of the Republicans.

• @der_ketzer said: Yes. They are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWASwBWyUXI

*shivers* Geez, I love Daddy long-legs and I do know for a fact that they are absolutely harmless to humans, but seeing them SWARM like that...:eek:

• A lot of phobias are quite valid. Nearly drown as a kid? Could easily lead to fear of water. Trapped in an elevator for hours after an earthquake? Could lead to fear of small spaces.

I'm not saying all are explainable, of course. I have agoraphobia, which is expressed as a fear of large, open spaces. If I can see the ceiling or the walls I'm fine for the most part, but I've had sudden panic attacks while in a vehicle before. Doesn't happen all the time of course, but it can come outta nowhere if I'm walking along and happen to ponder the sky too much, or it's really clear and not a cloud in sight. I can sometimes feel a bit awkward.

Similar feelings arise if I'm in the water and cannot see anything resembling land. I've had it trigger in video games. No idea why it happens. The best way to describe it is a feeling like I'm going to be dragged upwards into the sky at a great speed. In water it's a little different, I get the feeling something very large is going to suddenly appear. Not necessarily to eat me, just to.. be there...

I don't have "bad dreams", but one time I looked out my window in a dream and cause sight of the planet Jupiter and the idea that this massive object was so close to me caused me to get a panic attack enough to shock me awake.

I'm sure there's a reason for it, I just don't think it'd make sense to people.

• My mom once rationalized the fear of zombies to me. To her, it's an allegory for the state of the world today. She compared the zombies to the brainless masses, stuck in irrational belief and tradition, who try to suffocate innovation and scientific progress as well as force all others to operate on their level.

Actually, that's far more terrifying than zombies.

• @Alcoremortis said: My mom once rationalized the fear of zombies to me. To her, it's an allegory for the state of the world today. She compared the zombies to the brainless masses, stuck in irrational belief and tradition, who try to suffocate innovation and scientific progress as well as force all others to operate on their level.

Actually, that's far more terrifying than zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4

The comments don't get that this is a different political party than theirs getting trashed here

• @Secret Fawful said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4

The comments don't get that this is a different political party than theirs getting trashed here

Well, I just ended up reading a fairly entertaining youtube fight.

• I don't even know what the hell this thread is about anymore. There's a wonderful thread...wait, no. Well, anyway, there's a thread I know where you guys can continue this discussion if you so choose. Any more posts off topic will be moved there.

Leaving the thread open in case anybody wants to resume the original discussion.

Add Comment