1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Good thing the DLC IS INCLUDED!!

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yes. It is good. I only wish there were more. :(

• Viva la Gem Promo, which is Tropico 3 Gold for $5.99. Buy it, your El Presidente commands you.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: Yes. It is good. I only wish there were more. :(

Went to bed one hour after bedtime because of it yesterday. ;)

So, I think the length is absolutely adequate. A longer game should have a different tone. For what CQ wants to achieve, the (RELATIVELY!!) light weight in measured game time is good to perfect.

I miss the possibility of light farming a bit, which is impossible in the game. The lack of actual level-up choices also adds to a railroaded experience. The different kids lack actual individuality. You don't configure much, you just collect everything. For an "RPG", that's a bit disappointing. I hope they will at least let me assign TWO stamps per kid later on. For a bit more individualization, that's kinda the minimum.

The battles look EXCELLENT to say the least. I get a real motivation kick whenever I find a new costume. And I've read that the really interesting costumes are only in the DLC! Imma keep playing this. :cool:

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I can tell you that it remains only one stamp per kid. Unless they somehow changed it in Grubbins. Doubt it though.

• Got a double whammy from 3D Realms today on GOG. Pick up the well loved* Terminal Velocity, and the fondly remembered* Shadow Warrior for $5.99 each.

Disclaimer: Not actually sure if these games are well loved and fondly remembered.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Shadow Warrior's actually quite fun, if not quite as good as Blood or Duke 3D. I don't know about Terminal Velocity.

• @Darth Marsden said: Shadow Warrior's actually quite fun, if not quite as good as Blood or Duke 3D. I don't know about Terminal Velocity.

I vaguely recall Terminal Velocity, or at least the demo for it, being pretty good. However, what it REALLY makes me do is wish that Epic was on GOG. I want to give you my money for Radix, but you're making that too hard, Epic.

Edit: So it turns out that Epic IS on GOG. I hadn't really noticed since they only dropped off their Unreal Tournament games and DIDN'T RELEASE ANYTHING THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANTED!

• In America, you get a GOG sale of strategy games from Russia and other former Soviet territories. In Russia, sale has you!

I apologize in advance for that joke. In addition to the sale, Perimiter and Soldiers, a pair of games recently delisted from GOG, are back on sale and part of this deal.

Edit: Speaking of catalogue alterations, the new deal from Interplay is officially in effect, and the following packages have gone UP in price: Descent 1/2, Descent 3, Earthworm Jim 1/2, F/A-18E Super Hornet, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Freespace 2, Giants: Citizens Kabuto, Kingpin: Life of Crime, Messiah and Sacrifice. Very odd, considering Redneck Rampage and MDK, two series they said would see a price increase, didn't go up. Also, why not the original Freespace and Earthworm Jim 3D? Why am I complaining about this?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Oh thank god. I thought a new sale would mean more money spent. Thankfully not the case this time!

Add Comment