User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 38.5K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Super Meat Boy is addicting. As is Binding of Isaac. Team Meat stumbled onto something that worked. Or they knew what the heck they were doing. Either way, both games are extremely good.

• I'm weak. I couldn't wait the week for the Black Friday sale, so I picked up the 17 dollar copy of Darksiders 2... crossing my fingers for a good sale on Borderlands 2 next!

• @RetroVortex said: All I have to say about The Binding of Isaac, is that 20 hours do not lie.

All I have to say about the Binding of Isaac is that I wish there was a save button. I'm not good enough at playing games to make it all the way through one without dying a single time.

It wouldn't have to be a save at any point button. Checkpoints would be acceptable.

• @Alcoremortis said: All I have to say about the Binding of Isaac is that I wish there was a save button. I'm not good enough at playing games to make it all the way through one without dying a single time.

It wouldn't have to be a save at any point button. Checkpoints would be acceptable.

It would have been nice to have that feature in the options screen, but really the whole point of the game is that you can't save!

It plays on luck and skill, and you can only improve one of those. The game is very much beatable, you just need patience.

Plus it's a quick jump in and play, one more go, old school kind of game, (probably why I like it so much! :D)

• @RetroVortex said: It would have been nice to have that feature in the options screen, but really the whole point of the game is that you can't save!

It plays on luck and skill, and you can only improve one of those. The game is very much beatable, you just need patience.

Plus it's a quick jump in and play, one more go, old school kind of game, (probably why I like it so much! :D)

I find it highly unlikely that I will ever beat that game. However, I do appreciate it as something that I can play while in lab, though I tend to use the Newgrounds version for that.

• @Alcoremortis said: I find it highly unlikely that I will ever beat that game. However, I do appreciate it as something that I can play while in lab, though I tend to use the Newgrounds version for that.

If I can beat it, anyone can beat it.

(My gaming skill is much duller than it should be. You'd think playing all these games would make me good at them, but most of the time I'm mediocre at best! XD)

• @Alcoremortis said: It wouldn't have to be a save at any point button. Checkpoints would be acceptable.

Trust me that would make the game too easy and remove the randomness completely which is a huge factor in the endless replayability of the game. You never have the same run twice. The next one could be the one run that gives you extremely overpowered stuff. You must keep trying.

• @der_ketzer said: Trust me that would make the game too easy and remove the randomness completely which is a huge factor in the endless replayability of the game. You never have the same run twice. The next one could be the one run that gives you extremely overpowered stuff. You must keep trying.

But I suck! I spend most of my time trying to remember which arrow key to press to make tears go in the direction that an enemy is coming from. It's the product of years of playing games where your attack goes in the direction the character is looking.

Add Comment