User Avatar Image

Suggestions on how to improve the forums

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 31.7K users

I made this thread so people can discuss how the fourms can be improved so i'll start off.

I think the classics part of the thread should be back in the main menu of the fourms with all the rest of the forums topics because since they are in the classics hardly anyone ever replys anymore to them.

1.8K Comments
  • Those are good points, and I agree, the Walking Dead boards have been a hellhole at times, but I was referring to hard deletion. Not a trace left even for us.

• Also there was that thread someone made with a fake title to discuss something in Ep 1 or 2 and the person had just put loads of Ep 3 spoilers in it.!!! :(

• Yeah, during the release of episodes 3 and 4, we had an asshole who was determined to play the game immediately after it came out, then show up on the forums and do his best to spoil it for everybody. Thankfully, he got bored fairly quickly and left both times, but it was just another pain we didn't need on top of an already hectic release period, especially during episode 3's release, when the forums were short staffed, with Puzzlebox, Icedhope, and myself at PAX.

• @Vainamoinen said: Also, I deleted quite a few announcements of piracy without trace; I originally intended to leave these in as a warning... but instead one such announcement would usually spawn two to three enthusiastic consents by other members, whom in turn I had to ban as well.

Yes. It can be a ton of work and if it is done right no one will ever notice it. And that can be both satisfying and frustrating. So hey. Here is a little Thank You to all the mods that do stuff around here so I can come back any time and wonder if there are ever any problems here. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@GuruGuru214 said: Those are good points, and I agree, the Walking Dead boards have been a hellhole at times, but I was referring to hard deletion. Not a trace left even for us.

Ahhhhh I see - doesn't make much of a difference for the_ketzer though. ;)

@GuruGuru214 said: Yes. It can be a ton of work and if it is done right no one will ever notice it. And that can be both satisfying and frustrating. So hey. Here is a little Thank You to all the mods that do stuff around here so I can come back any time and wonder if there are ever any problems here. :)

Those... words... from... you?!? I think I have something in my eye. Thanks man.

• This thread is awesome. I miss the whatever thread. :(

What sort of Modly powers do you have now Darth Modsden? Do you have the power to create life as well as destroy it with the mighty banhammer? Can you ever be certain that the banhammer doesn't kill the user in question, in addition to their account? Can you bake me a cake?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Friar said: This thread is awesome. I miss the whatever thread. :(

What sort of Modly powers do you have now Darth Modsden? Do you have the power to create life as well as destroy it with the mighty banhammer? Can you ever be certain that the banhammer doesn't kill the user in question, in addition to their account? Can you bake me a cake?

Whatever's still there, couldn't you find it yet??

Create life - no. Destroy it - yes, more or less. A ban's physical and psychological effects on the user in real life can never be fully determined; but moderators can not actually 'terminate' an account. I am also sure Darth's cake baking qualities are at least adequate.

Add Comment