User Avatar Image

Sexuality

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

So homosexual marriage finally seems like it's getting approval from the American public, to which I say Kudos! I'm firmly attracted to the female form myself, but I'd never want to keep someone from marrying someone else.

290 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Most marriages can be saved by spicing up the bed room.

• @coolsome said: Most marriages can be saved by spicing up the bed room.

But getting all those chilli peppers can be pretty expensive though, so I can see why not many people would do it.

• You know, this thread and the depression thread, and perhaps that election thread... isn't it time that there is a more appropriate board to be made for topical issues, or more serious issues, like most forums seem to have? That way we can separate the "mature" threads from the casual threads.

• Well technically, that's what the games divide is for. We just haven't had a whole lot of worthwhile discussion lately.

• This is the more compelling argument for gay marriage ever.

Actually, in my experience the argument usually goes like this:

"It's unnatural."
    "It's found throughout nature."
    "It's just a new liberal trend."
    "It's been part of society, with varying degrees of acceptance, since the beginning of recorded history."
    "It will take away my rights."
    "It has nothing to do with your rights, your rights will stay the same."
    "It will destroy the sanctity of marriage."
    "A divorce rate of over 50% has already done that."
    "It won't work because marriage is about procreation and gay couples can't have kids."
    "Neither can many straight couples but we still let them marry."
    "The kids that they do have will be messed up for life without a mother and father."
    "Not according to every study ever done on the subject."
    "It violates the holy book that I subscribe to."
    "That book contains numerous inconsistencies and a wide variety of other rules that are considered outdated."
    "It makes me feel icky."
    "Aaaaand there it is."

• I've got no problem with people having personal or religious reasons for disliking homosexuality. The only thing I care about is how that person feels it should be implemented as public policy, because once you start imposing religious feelings on public policy, the question becomes whose religion is fit for imposing on others?

• I would like to know why so many people spend so much time worrying about the sex lives of consenting adults, instead of worrying about children and adults FORCED into sexual acts.

• @GaryCXJk said: You know, this thread and the depression thread, and perhaps that election thread... isn't it time that there is a more appropriate board to be made for topical issues, or more serious issues, like most forums seem to have? That way we can separate the "mature" threads from the casual threads.

No. I like being able to jump between light hearted and serious. When you have a subforum for all serious it just gets depressing, argumentative and eventually shut down.

• @Chyron8472 said: And again, what's with that? Affairs, spousal abuse, child abuse...

I have a whole host of things I feel like saying in a big, long rant on about this, but they are obvious and I'm sure everyone agrees anyway.

I love my wife. I love her. We might have heated arguments now and then, but it's not fighting, and we always make up. And I certainly wouldn't yell and scream around kids.

I wouldn't say I'm a proponent of divorce. My faith does tell me that it's wrong except for in cases of marital unfaithfulness. However, I can certainly see the reasons why it is a necessary step in certain cases such as abuse.

I also feel that too many people get divorced too easily--like they're not having fun anymore so they get bored and quit. Same with having affairs. When I got married to my wife, I said "for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." This should mean something to people. They're not agreeing to be married until it's not a party anymore. They're making a commitment to spend their life with someone who should be their best friend.

*sigh* I just don't understand people.

I don't think I've really known what love is since my first love. I think I've loved other people, but I've also gotten bored with them after a few months, so probably not.

• @DAISHI said: I've got no problem with people having personal or religious reasons for disliking homosexuality. I care about how that person feels it should be implemented as public policy

This.

Also, I will point out that just because I disapprove of homosexuality, it doesn't mean I hate gays, and it doesn't mean they're going to hell simply because they're gay. I will also add that abusing people because they're gay period solves nothing.

@DAISHI said: I don't think I've really known what love is since my first love. I think I've loved other people, but I've also gotten bored with them after a few months, so probably not.

Gotten bored with them? Like, you go to clubs and parties and that sort of stuff when you're single, but when you're in a relationship you get bored with not having that to do all the time? Or do you mean that you get tired of when you want to do something, you have to run it by her first?

Loving someone doesn't mean there's hot, infatuous fawning over each other all the time. So just because the infatuation wears off after a time, it doesn't mean you don't love each other after that.

Add Comment