User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 36K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So I suppose you also wouldn't mind playing a game where the object is to rape highly-realistic children and sodomize them with various foreign objects? But it's okay, because it's a game.

Also allowing 4 year old kids to play M rated games is no big deal, because games are just games.

• @Chyron8472 said: So I suppose you also wouldn't mind playing a game where the object is to rape highly-realistic children and sodomize them with various foreign objects?

But it's okay, because it's a game.

Do you mean Rapelay? Because I was always curious as to how it played as a game.

Besides, that example is pretty tame compared to some anime and books I've heard of.
    (I mean have you read Beloved? Heavy stuff, but still quite well written if I do say so myself)

• Yes, I know (most?) hentai glorifies raping women and such. Why anyone would want to read about it or watch it is beyond me.

Also, you can't say Dead Baby Dress-up isn't intentionally offensive when several of the objects you can put on it are body parts, including a giant, erect penis.

But it's just a game. So I should encourage my 8 year old nephew to play it.

• @Chyron8472 said: So I suppose you also wouldn't mind playing a game where the object is to rape highly-realistic children and sodomize them with various foreign objects? But it's okay, because it's a game.

No if the gameplay is good I would. But why would you mention it in a discussion about Isaac.
    custer_s_revenge_cart.jpg@Chyron8472 said: Also, you can't say Dead Baby Dress-up isn't intentionally offensive when several of the objects you can put on it are body parts, including a giant, erect penis.
    The blue baby is actually in Isaac as a playable character. And the dressup part is kinda there since every power up changes your appearance.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Back on topic: How IS NightSky? Anyone?

• @Chyron8472 said: Yes, I know (most?) hentai glorifies raping women and such. Why anyone would want to read about it or watch it is beyond me.

Also, you can't say Dead Baby Dress-up isn't intentionally offensive when several of the objects you can put on it are body parts, including a giant, erect penis.

But it's just a game. So I should encourage my 8 year old nephew to play it.

I mean yheaaah. If its good.

(My parents let me play stuff like Resident Evil all the time when I was a kid. Didn't mess me up! Though for some reason I can't help but carry leaves around with me and turn before I walk...)

Kids are tougher and smarter than what adults give them credit for. I remember I talked to one kid that was into Simulators. SIMULATORS!!!

• @divisionten said: Back on topic: How IS NightSky? Anyone?

It was in the HIB 4. Why don't you own that already?

• @RetroVortex said: In a way yes....

In a better way. (See: Tennnes)

@RetroVortex said: Dashing also said that, but I can't help calling it like I see it.

I feel like that way of seeing it is being particularly unempathetic.

There's a difference between shock for the sake of shock and actually emotionally connecting with elements that can, from a certain perspective, be seen as shocking. You can tell that the entirety of The Binding of Isaac comes from an emotionally honest place, to the point that I find it almost offensive to see it relegated to the "Oh, that gross thing" bin.

Edmund has a real and emotional connection to the larger overarching themes of The Binding of Isaac, and it's impossible to communicate these ideas in any other way. Here is a larger narrative analysis that Edmund described as "By far the most mind blowingly accurate break down of the over arching meaning behind the binding of isaacs ending." The game naturally flows from themes of lonliness, of denial, of fear and shame. The "gross" and "Christian" imagery are catalysts for a deeper human story about being so afraid and so ashamed of oneself that they choose, consciously, to escape into a fantasy world that reinforces their broken sense of self. The way you're looking at it is extremely surface level and it misses the larger point.

The game is also mechanically brilliant and oozes great design, so there's that. It's simply really fun.

• @Chyron8472 said: Yes, I know (most?) hentai glorifies raping women and such. Why anyone would want to read about it or watch it is beyond me.

Well, hentai essentially translates into "strange". I've seen some hentai games and that title fits pretty damn well.

The main reason I've even seen some of those games is because occasionally they are incredibly funny in how ridiculously pants on head retarded they get. Like the game where all your romantic interests were pigeons. Yes. This was a game where your character is a human who falls in love with pigeons. And for some reason if you fell in love with the wrong pigeon, horrible things would happen like you'd get brutally murdered or a Cthulhu monster would come and eat the planet. I'm not even making this up. THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Then there are those games that just go into the "incredibly disturbing" territory. I actually watched a friend of mine livestream a playthrough of one and about three quarters of the way through he just turned it off and refused to finish it due to the ending he got, which suffice it to say, would have made me turn the game off as well.

I've... probably said too much, haven't I?

• @divisionten said: Back on topic: How IS NightSky? Anyone?

Okay I tested it for you. It's a fun puzzle platformer kinda like Gumboy but better. For that price how can you say no.

Add Comment