User Avatar Image

Sexuality

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

So homosexual marriage finally seems like it's getting approval from the American public, to which I say Kudos! I'm firmly attracted to the female form myself, but I'd never want to keep someone from marrying someone else.

290 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noname215 said: James Bond is not gay, nor will he ever be. The same goes for me.

But still, that scene was still pretty... weird.

Bond was just playing along to not look intimidated. Silva was probably Bi though.

• @coolsome said: Bond was just playing along to not look intimidated. Silvia was probably Bi though.

I got the impression that Silva would sleep with anything because the most important sexual partner was always himself anyway.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I got the impression that Silva would sleep with anything because the most important sexual partner was always himself anyway.

That's what I thought.

I'm not against it and I'm not for it. The happiness of people is always important.

• @coolsome said: I really don't see whats wrong with it. If 2 people wana fool around with no strings attached it don't hurt anyone else (if its safe sex that is).

It does if one of them is married, and teaching our kids that random, meaningless sex is fine totally screws up their perception of how to have a long-term relationship that isn't based on sex.

In other words, casual sex is shallow and is no where near as fantastic as being with someone you care deeply about. Take it from someone who speaks from personal experience and has been married for almost 8 years.

• @Chyron8472 said: In other words, casual sex is shallow and is no where near as fantastic as being with someone you care deeply about. Take it from someone who speaks from personal experience and has been married for almost 8 years.

But that's just what we're talking about. Different strokes for different folks.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: But that's just what we're talking about. Different strokes for different folks.

http://instantrimshot.com/

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: But that's just what we're talking about. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that society is fricken screwed up.

More than half the people who marry get divorced; casual sex is depicted (and perceived) as normal and cool; people are having affairs all over the place. It's like people think meaningful relationships are dumb and boring. Also, my additional rant on abuse of spouses and kids adds to my point.

I'll add that I'm not saying that gays are the bane of society or that they can't have meaningful, lasting relationships. To reiterate, I'm saying that society is fricken screwed up. And it's sad.

• @Chyron8472 said: casual sex is depicted (and perceived) as normal and cool;

Because for some people, casual sex is normal and cool.

Now, I agree that the media could stand to be a little less sexualized and monogamous relationships could be given their due more often (though considering they're the happy ending of every romantic comedy/Disney movie ever, they're not exactly under-represented) but that doesn't mean casual sex is such a horrible thing. Again, if it's between consenting adults and nobody's getting hurt, who cares?

• @coolsome said: Now I know why the Master wants everyone to obey him!

The signs have always been there.

Anyway, on topic: I think my earlier post may have come across harsher than I intended. The subject is very close to my heart. My opinion on the matter is that I know that not everyone will be able to accept homosexuals as equals. But all I ask is that they let us get on with our lives in peace. It's people who don't, people who feel compelled to hurl abuse, to block political movements that have no impact on them.

And no-one chooses to be gay. Afterall, who would want to go through the emotional trauma it causes? Stuff that society has a huge emphasis on. That every show and film as a kid tells you to aspire towards. Things that you know you can't do. You know that you'll never be able to get married and father a child. Knowing that your parents can never be the grandparents they've dreamed of. Knowing that finding the right person is going to be so much harder than for regular people. The chances of finding a compatible person in the 1.5%* of the population that are gay and of the same gender are so improbably remote, that it's enough to make anyone depressed. And on top of all that, there's the fear of how people will react when they discover the truth about a persons sexuality. And then there are the countries where being gay can lead to the death sentence.

Homosexuals have enough on their plates without homophobic abuse.

*Based on 9 million gay US population out of 309 million, half of which will be male. Maybe. Wolfram Alpha is cool.

Add Comment