User Avatar Image

Sexuality

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

So homosexual marriage finally seems like it's getting approval from the American public, to which I say Kudos! I'm firmly attracted to the female form myself, but I'd never want to keep someone from marrying someone else.

290 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BlankCanvasDJ said: I got the impression that Silva would sleep with anything because the most important sexual partner was always himself anyway.

Reminds me of a joke:

How many men does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    One. Men will screw anything.

• There's another joke to be made about really turning lights on, but i'll be darned if I can figure it out.

• I also have a couple of gay jokes swimming around in my head, but I don’t want to get banned. So instead, I will make a dirty joke: Guess what? Chicken butt.

I’m a comic genius!

• [quote="Noname215"]
    I also have a couple of gay jokes swimming around in my head, but I don’t want to get banned. So instead, I will make a dirty joke: Guess what? Chicken butt.

I’m a comic genius!
    [/quote]
    You could really make a name for yourself, noname.

• I should start a joke thread.

• I don't mind if people think homosexuality is wrong as long as they are live and let live about it. I do not agree at all with that, but c'est la vie. I don't expect all to completely change because it is something that is mysterious, confusing, and gross to most and when people are faced with those attributes, they usually react in anger.

Honestly, if you step back and take a look at it, sex is really gross, messy, and unsanitary. Coupled with the fact that people are generally hardwired to enjoy it because it's essential to life, it makes the entire subject confusing and scary.

• I just think the government should just keep its nose out of who marries who. It's hardly a matter of national security. It's the imposition of a Christian doctrine on a multireligious society. And not all of those religions ban gay marriage in their doctrines. It's frankly ridiculous in such a diverse society that we let one doctrine of one religion take precedence over all the others and then claim it to be the "real" American way. No. The real American way is separation of church and state. Churches can individually ban whatever marriages they like, I really don't care, and the government shouldn't force them to accept marriages that go against their belief system. But the government shouldn't ban secular marriages on the basis of a religious doctrine that not everyone follows.

• @Alcoremortis said: I just think the government should just keep its nose out of who marries who. It's hardly a matter of national security. It's the imposition of a Christian doctrine on a multireligious society. And not all of those religions ban gay marriage in their doctrines. It's frankly ridiculous in such a diverse society that we let one doctrine of one religion take precedence over all the others and then claim it to be the "real" American way. No. The real American way is separation of church and state. Churches can individually ban whatever marriages they like, I really don't care, and the government shouldn't force them to accept marriages that go against their belief system. But the government shouldn't ban secular marriages on the basis of a religious doctrine that not everyone follows.

Hear hear.

• I'd almost go so far as to say that the government should just stay out of the marriage business in general, but realistically that's never gonna happen. So if we're gonna have one kind, we might as well have them both.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Because for some people, casual sex is normal and cool.

Now, I agree that the media could stand to be a little less sexualized and monogamous relationships could be given their due more often (though considering they're the happy ending of every romantic comedy/Disney movie ever, they're not exactly under-represented) but that doesn't mean casual sex is such a horrible thing. Again, if it's between consenting adults and nobody's getting hurt, who cares?

People do get hurt because they don't understand the emotional impact.

Add Comment