1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BuckFen said: P.S. My last save Omid/Christa/Ben are with me to go to Episode 5 I don't care if Kenny drowns or dies in his boat or he leaves us behind, he let me down so many times and I'm looking forward to getting rid of Kenny. At the end of the day I keep asking myself "Would this be the kind of guy I would like to have as a partner if a zombie apocalypse happened?" And to that I say hell mutha**************************** NO!

Buddy, I think...you're being paranoid.

• Kenny's "village people" soup strainer makes me cry OooGah!!!
    Join team Ghey for Kenny!

• @HiggsBoson2142 said: Buddy, I think...you're being paranoid.

he's not being paranoid, kenny is a selfish douche

• [quote=capnjay;630629]kenny's a great guy if you side with him 100% of the time otherwise...

I wonder how many people would shoot kenny in the back soon as they get to his boat and get it running[/quote]

I couldn't agree more! :)))

• I like Kenny: all he's ever tried to do, is right by his family.

Larry was an asshole, who left you for dead only for Kenny to pull you out of the drugstore. Lily turned out be a complete pyscho too.

I felt genuinely sorry for Kenny dealing with his loss. Even though he may seem a bit unstable who has he hurt? Well, Larry, but as I said: Larry was an asshole.

• @LGThomas said: I like Kenny: all he's ever tried to do, is right by his family.

Larry was an asshole, who left you for dead only for Kenny to pull you out of the drugstore. Lily turned out be a complete pyscho too.

I felt genuinely sorry for Kenny dealing with his loss. Even though he may seem a bit unstable who has he hurt? Well, Larry, but as I said: Larry was an asshole.

I completely think the opposite:)

Kenny treated like a coward for most of the time, and he was much selfish for many times and "I think" these were all about his desire to be a leader than his addiction to his family.
    Remember how Katjaa thinks about his behaviours. I don't know your scenario, but in my scenario she was completely with me than she was with her own husband.

And about Larry... Even he left me behind for a couple of times, or even it looks like he was looking for a chance to stab me in the back; I really really couldn't get angry with him. Cause he never mentioned that he is my friend. At least he was honest with me.
    After I gave him the chocolate bar (in the beginning of the second episode I think), his first words were "Don't you ever think this will change something..."
    This was a great answer to me, and it meant to me that he secretly admires what I just did. Cause he didn't remain silent.
    He was only not succesfull of warming people except her daughter. And all he cares was his daughter, he already mentioned that a billion times.
    Anyway, think about yourself; what would you think about a man who was committed with a crime in some way or another, popping up with a little orphan girl? I don't think I could easily trust him.
    And plus, think about how obsessive Larry was.

Lilly... ahhh... Even though she killed my beloved Carley, I still can't be angry with her too. So far to that point, she was with me at all time. She always confirmed what I did and she never gave up believing in me. The thing is she was so unstable after she lost her father. Larry means to her like her whole life, too. And I respect truthfully those two for this connection or theirs.

I didn't suprised when Lilly shot Carley after Carley's hard words. Lee was her second father prototype after her father gone -I think-, and she got depressed more and more when she couldn't express herself to Lee. And Carley really pushed her buttons, too. (I'm sure there was also an invisible contention about Lee between those two:) )

But, about Kenny...Nah, I really can't see any reason for him to be a real asshole until his losses, but only his desire for leading people. This ego of him was a dangerous one which causes his face to translate when Lee tried to cheer him up on the train.

I'm playing this game, trying to imagine why every character treat as they do.
    So, after some discussion in me; I totally sympathize with Larry and Lilly much more (even I don't agree with their behaviours) than that asshole Kenny. I'm saying that, I'm not with them but I understand them. They had reasons one way or another.

Kenny's family was there, there were many people to be trusted around him, and the best part- I myself was there to do the dirty work; and he was still hungry for more and more...

Sorry, but no one can make me understand the ambition of that false & loser Kenny, when he insisted on plundering the lone car. How can he finds himself he has right to make a word, to make decisions after I did all the hard job with psycho brothers ! :S
    Family issues, or what ? ! ?

• I think Kenny was a good person in Episode 1. Yeah he panics when it comes to Shawn, but if Lee goes for Shawn instead of Duck Kenny doesn't really get mad right then and even owns up to his mistake to Lee. He'll also come back and save your life no matter what he thinks of you after Larry punches you. I even give him credit for saving the entire group after the alarm goes off, where Lilly just focuses on Larry.

I've always considered it a gradual decline in his humanity over the 3 months the group's been surviving that lead to his current attitude. I don't really think he's a power hungry megalomaniac, at least anymore than Lilly was, but think that he TRULY thought that he knew what was best for the group. He was a total bastard to her after he killed her dad (and I felt like crap because I helped) and he's also pretty stupid at certain points (telling about the girl in the street, or saying he was proud of you for dropping Ben). He's a stupid redneck though, and lets his emotions get the best of him at times.

I pretty much forgave him after I talked him down on the train because I finally understood why he was acting like such a douche lately (he didn't leave me to die in the barn or under the door, but I got fed up with his crap during the supply run. I also shot the girl). When he said he kept blaming himself for Shawn and said that he knew that sooner or later it would catch up to him, that cast his actions in a different light to me. He was just scared of losing his only family in the world and thought that because he made one mistake on Hershal's farm that his wife and son would pay for it. Knowing that he's blaming himself for every bad thing that happens to his family made me understand why they seemed like the only thing he cared about. And when I was able to make him see that he was wrong without having to fight him, I forgave him when he went to deal with his son and stop the train. The same reason I forgave Ben at Crawford. He was willing to face his mistakes and take responsibility for his actions. He volunteered to find Clem without a second thought, so I'll be glad to have him watching my back in Episode 5.

• Seeing this thread survive for so long just warms my heart :D
    Rock114, that sounds like a pretty great story but unfortunately it can never happen in my playthrough.

• Seeing people defend Kenny because he was good to them in their playthrough says more about them than it does him. As I've said before, Good Kenny is not separate from Bad Kenny, this isn't the multiverse, this is one guy whose behaviour is dependent on whether you back him 100%.

A good guy is always a good guy, mistakes might be made but ultimately they attempt to do the right thing, regardless of the situation.

That is not Kenny

Kenny doesn't give a fuck about doing the right thing or being a good guy. Kenny is a trader, he's out for what he can get and if he doesn't feel you've given him enough, doing the "right thing" is completely irrelevant.
    The guy has stuck with your group like a parasite because it was good for him. I actually tested that theory at the start of Ep 3 and suggested that if he wanted to take off in the RV then he should take his family and go. He didn't want to, admitting that he was screwed without everyone else.

Trust me that whether you think he's good or bad, when push comes to shove, Kenny will take care of himself and leave you to die.

• @Ninnuendo said: Seeing people defend Kenny because he was good to them in their playthrough says more about them than it does him. As I've said before, Good Kenny is not separate from Bad Kenny, this isn't the multiverse, this is one guy whose behaviour is dependent on whether you back him 100%.

A good guy is always a good guy, mistakes might be made but ultimately they attempt to do the right thing, regardless of the situation.

That is not Kenny

Kenny doesn't give a fuck about doing the right thing or being a good guy. Kenny is a trader, he's out for what he can get and if he doesn't feel you've given him enough, doing the "right thing" is completely irrelevant.
    The guy has stuck with your group like a parasite because it was good for him. I actually tested that theory at the start of Ep 3 and suggested that if he wanted to take off in the RV then he should take his family and go. He didn't want to, admitting that he was screwed without everyone else.

Trust me that whether you think he's good or bad, when push comes to shove, Kenny will take care of himself and leave you to die.

What do you think of Lilly and Carley? :)

Add Comment